By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Development will favour PS3 in 2009, says Yoshida PART 1

@the op: What do you think the response would be if you posed the same question to Phil Spencer or Reggie Fils-Aime?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

There's really nothing else he can say at this point, but he is right about one thing; development and quality of mulitplat titles for the PS3 actually has improved tremendously lately and might be a sign of things to come. After all; dev's know what kind of software numbers a PS machine can pull off, having seen many a great success on PS and PS2 over the last 12-13 years (yes, yes, don't give me "but PS3 is doing horribly", I'm just saying that the Sony consoles are always worth the extra effort, even the PS3 has moved a lot of software despite its low current install base).

I don´t know I just posted this as I saw it as news worthy, they would probably say something along those lines too.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I was amused when he said that the PSP has no direct competition. Really amusing.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

I swear I read a interview like this with former Sega President Bernie Stolar before the Dreamcast came out...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
I swear I read a interview like this with former Sega President Bernie Stolar before the Dreamcast came out...

Bernie was the most hated Sega Enterprise's manager in its entire history.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

This guy needs to get with the program. He needs to take some shots at MS in every interview. He should read some of Aaron Greenberg's comments before he does any more interviews.

Yes, a third party will greatly benefit from using the PS3 as the lead platform if they are aiming for a simultaneous multi-plat release.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

celine said:
disolitude said:

Bernie was the most hated Sega Enterprise's manager in its entire history.

For sure...but I don't blame him for sucking. He should have never been there. The moment Sega of Japan chased away Tom Kailnske their north american operations were F'd...

Looking at this interview, it seems to me these CEO's and Presidents these days know far less about gaming trends than average VGChartz member. Or they just willingly lie...

Menago KF said:
I was amused when he said that the PSP has no direct competition. Really amusing.

Well, in all honesty, the DS isn't in competition with the PSP.

DS would only be direct competition with the PSP if PSP was winning  

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

IMO a nice informative to the point interview.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales