By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Development will favour PS3 in 2009, says Yoshida PART 1

FJ-Warez said:
*~Onna76~* said:

I don't want words I want actions, same goes for Nintendo.

@Lightning, they release DQIX on the DS as thats the fast and most selling platform in the world, that has nothing to do with competing with the PSP, which so far, sold less than half comparing to the DS. So competition between these two is basically "dead".

Why the same for Nintendo??

Nintendo doesn't exactly go out of their way to support third parties in marketing and development, like MS and Sony.  They don't have to.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Developers choose the architecture with the biggest userbase. It would be stupid to have the best review on the console with the smallest userbase. Since 360 and PS3 are battling for the same third party games, there could be a turn around in Q4 2009.

How about next time sony actually makes a platform that developers want to make games on. One thats easy to use out of the box. It would help them immensely in the post sony monopoly world.

PS3 to do well in 2009, says guy in charge of PS3

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

ChronotriggerJM said:
Well an interview not too long ago with Kaz pointed out some details I thought were pretty sexy :) He mentioned trying to squeeze some extra content onto each disc for no extra charge, nothing really dealing with the game itself, but stuff like developer interviews, making of, out-takes, art gallery's etc etc etc. That and he was mentioned the obvious use of better surround sound and uncompressed audio/video and the likes, which in my opinion is definitely worth it's weight in gold :P I'd pick the PS3 version over the 360 any day of the week if it had any of those features ^^

Lol.

features like that are pretty easy to squeeze onto a normal disc,  Rogue Squadron 2/3 on GC had extra stuff like that, and those discs are only 1.5 GB in size.

The second bolded part I suppose is a worthy feature, but only if you have the TV and sound system that will support it.