By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Holy shit. What is this P?

Around the Network

Methamphetamine

I made a thread like this once.
It only ended up making me feel bad when everyone was like "eww, why would I smoke? smokers are disgusting. They smell and have yellow teeth" >_>

Just an update on that though; I quit :)
Yay me!

Spankey said:

smoking: it's safer than drinking. drinking has caused more death and violence than smoking ever will.
Yet companies can still advertise alcohol at motorsport events?
my conspiracy sense is tingling...

on topic: I smoke about 15 a day and spend just under US$2 a box of 20

See there is a difference, alcohol only affects the person who drinks it, smoking can cause health problems in the people around you.
(also I thought there were still cigarette adverts in motorsports, isn't marlborough still advertised in Formula 1)

You could argue that drinking causes violence and car crashes etc, except that you will get arrested for those while you cannot get arrested for smoking near someone.

--

I am very glad there has been a ban on smoking in public buildings here in the UK, I can't stand the smell of it and it is much worse indoors.
I still don't like it when I have to pass someone outside who is smoking, I usually hold my breath if I can.

Spankey said:

smoking: it's safer than drinking. drinking has caused more death and violence than smoking ever will.
Yet companies can still advertise alcohol at motorsport events?
my conspiracy sense is tingling...

on topic: I smoke about 15 a day and spend just under US$2 a box of 20

Its because smokers have gotten used to being shat on by the law (which I fully support being a non-smoker =D) but the last time the law tried to do anything significant about alcohol (see prohibition) it was a humunguous failure. Basically drinkers would be terribly unhappy about their hobby being banned or limited in such a way and they also make up a significant portion of the population. Its bad politics to try and ban it. Same with trying to ban guns in the USA.

Around the Network

I quit last year, have been smoke free for 7 months now

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I don't smoke, but I can sympathize with smokers who constantly get the "you know that's not good for you" speech.

I live in California and a fair share of people here are concerned about organic and natural stuff. So whenever I drink a soda or eat my candy bar or whatever, someone around me has to say "that food is full of junk, you know" or "that gum has blahblah chemical in it, and its known to cause cancer in rats".

SHUT UP AND LET ME EAT MY JUNK FOOD IN PEACE

I don't smoke, but I have been known to lol. I haven't got a problem with people smoking, but sometimes they can be a bit in your face when they are smoking and you just want to tell them to stop smoking in your face.

last year I lived with 6 smokers (3 of them chain smokers) so I guess this kind of behaviour is expected of me lol.

i smoke when i drink

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

perhaps they should force alcohol companies to print gruesome pictures about Drinkers too. Some damaged organs and wrecked cars perhaps? And no, there is no ciggarette advertising in F1 anymore. However, The Maclaren team is sponsored by Johnny Walker - and they aren't the only team...

http://www.about-alcohol-facts.com/

Alcohol Deaths From an Indirect Causation Perspective

In most instances, abusive and excessive alcohol consumption indirectly leads to alcohol deaths. Keep in mind however, that this does not mean that alcoholism and extreme alcohol abuse are any less responsible in the outcomes. Indeed, if alcoholics drink hard enough and long enough, it is almost a guarantee that they will lose their lives to an alcohol-related medical condition, illness, or disease.

The following list represents the various kinds of cancer that are directly or indirectly caused by alcohol dependence. Keep in mind that death is not inevitable with a person who has cancer. The point of emphasis here, however, is on people who have died from cancer that was directly related to alcohol dependence.

• Kidneys
  • Colon
  • Rectum
  • Stomach
  • Liver
  • Throat
  • Esophagus
  • Larynx

The following is a list non-cancerous medical conditions, diseases, and illnesses caused directly or indirectly by alcohol dependency. Again, the point is that alcohol addiction leads directly or indirectly to the following medical conditions and illnesses, all of which can and do result in fatalities.

• Diabetes
  • Kidney and urinary tract infections
  • Brain damage
  • Pneumonia
  • Ulcers from the perforation of the stomach and the intestines
  • Cardiovascular problems such as strokes, cardiomyopathy (damage to the heart muscle), heart failure, and high blood pressure
  • Organ and system malfunction
  • Wernicke's disease (a memory disorder)
  • Infections
  • Kidney failure
  • Cirrhosis of the liver
  • Pancreatitis
  • Coma

Proud Sony Rear Admiral