By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why call it 'America?'

donathos said:

Actually, I rescind my snark; Cedval's flag looks pretty swanky.

Thanks. 

Its the NAFTA Flag.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
WTF!

"America" means America, not U.S.A.

U.S.A is a country.
America is 2 continents.

ioi is correct when he puts "America" because he means America (compromising all of North and South America).

lulz!!

America isn't 2 continents! America is the whole continent divided in 3 parts.

North America = Canada, USA and Mexico

Central America= Belize, guatemala, honduras, panama, costarica etc.

South america = Brasil, Argentina, colombia, venezuela, ecuador etc

Note: Caribbean Islands I dunno if we can count those islands as a division but I think I will count them.

skipo said:
TWRoO said:
WTF!

U.S.A is a country.
America is 2 continents.

ioi is correct when he puts "America" because he means America (compromising all of North and South America).

lulz!!

Note: Caribbean Islands I dunno if we can count those islands as a division but I think I will count them.

You do realize  that North America and South America are two different continents right?

lightbleeder said:
All systems sold in Central and South America are imported from US, so I guess they count as US sales...
 Wrong, here in Argentina both the PS2 and the Wii are sold officially, and the PS3 and the PSP will be released officially sometime in August

^please tell me you've been drinking heavily and geography education hasn't slid this far since I left, uh, grade school in the 80s.

Around the Network

OMG @ sc94597..... two continents? really?.... btw, here in venezuela, all wii, ps3, xbox, etc.. are imported from usa... i remember the days early 90's when there was a "nintendo of venezuela".. i have a warranty for my NES (Asia Version) from the 90s from them... i wish they come back.. i cant stand paying 200$ for a wii game..

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

sc94597 said:
skipo said:
TWRoO said:
WTF!

U.S.A is a country.
America is 2 continents.

lulz!!

You do realize that North America and South America are two different continents right?

Emm, no, in elementary school they teach you that America is a continent which can be divided in three subcontinents: North, Central and South America. Thats why they sell you maps of the American Continent¡ (Continente Americano, in the top center of the image)

http://www.angelestrada.com.ar/down/rivadavia/RivadaviaMAPAcarta.jpg

TWRoO said:
WTF!

U.S.A is a country.
America is 2 continents.

Nah, worldwide and within the US, when someone refers to "America", 95 times out of 100 they mean the US.

In the US most people say "the Americas" if they want to refer to all of North America and South America.

by most people North America and South America are considered two continents, eventhough America is still the name for them together, but there are also people who turn it around and say the real continet is America and North and South are just two regions of it; anyhow, America is the name for that piece of land from Alaska to the south of Chili. :)

''Hadouken!''

sc94597 said:
skipo said:
TWRoO said:
WTF!

U.S.A is a country.
America is 2 continents.

lulz!!

You do realize  that North America and South America are two different continents right?

Nope, you are wrong, both are part of the same continent...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."