By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft wants to be first on the market with their next console

2009 or 2010 is when I expect the next XBOX to release.

I expect the ps4 no earlier than 2012.

mM
Around the Network

I would be surprised if microsoft is not first once again.

Then sony, and then Nintendo.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Yeah, this is one of the things I don't like about MS since I would prefer to buy my consoles less often, and developers prefer to become comfortable with a console so that development gets cheaper, but it seems to be a good idea from a business standpoint.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Let them go at it first.
I highly doubt any new console coming out before 2011 will be that well received anyway...

PS : From a business point of view, if you don't make any profit on console sales, introducing a new console every 4-5 years does not make a lot of sense either...

You only want to do that if you are not happy with your position in the current gen and want to try to shake things up...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

good luck to them.

Around the Network

Well the xbox brand will go from 2nd to 3rd this gen.....so they are going backwards

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

well they will not another head start

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

it has paid off with the 360, so doing it again is a smart move.

But i think the next Wii will be the first next time.

darthdevidem01 said:
Well the xbox brand will go from 2nd to 3rd this gen.....so they are going backwards

How are you so sure about that?

If they're already planning on their next system, does that mean that MS has given up on this gen?

If they come out with another console within the next 2-3 years it could spell disaster for MS; they're already in the middle of a maturing install base. To up and leave for another console would be suicide at this point.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*