By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales will slow down

slimeattack said:
Wii sales will crash once PS3 price is lowered to $300 or less.

I thought PS3-fans said the same thing once Sony released the $400 SKU. Did that do anything? Yes, but only for about a couple of months and then it died down and Wii contiuned to sell beautifully.

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
obieslut said:

Yes i said it, i think the Wii sales will slow down.

Didn't you say the same think back in January 07 right after the Wii launched?

I don't know -- so many people have been predicting exactly that for so long now that I tend to forget the names.

Yes, of course Wii sales will slow down after hitting saturation. That saturation point, however, will likely be much higher than it was for the PS2 because the Wii is selling to a wider market.

i wasnt around back in those days

Ail said:
The Wii is on track to do incredible in NA and Others, but really in Japan I don't see it doing anywhere as good as the PS2 with the current sales pattern.

But gaming in general in Japan just isn't doing that well...

You mean the same sales pattern where it has sold 500,000 units more (approximately 10% more) at the same point in its lifespan?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS2&reg3=Japan&weeks=156

well i agree, wii sales will slow down :)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@Soriku

LMAO!!!! STOP POSTING SHIT!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Around the Network
slimeattack said:
Wii sales will crash once PS3 price is lowered to $300 or less.

Classic 1st post of a Sony troll.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Khuutra said:
obieslut said:
we will see when 2010 comes and the wii is selling just as bas as the x360

Wanna make a bet out of it?

yh i will

Of course it will slow down, the question is when.

The previous Nintendo consoles, N64 & GC saw peak sales in their first full year on the market. Wii is seeing improved sales in 2008 compared to 2007. which is the analogous year to 2002 for Gamecube and 1997 for N64, but sales are up in 2008 vs. 2007, despite not meeting demand in the west. Given that sales are up year over year, but still limited by supply the peak will probably come next year. I suspect PS3 will be peaking around 2009 as well when the biggest content is all out and the price is $250-$450. At the same time its not like price always boosts sales enormously, see Gamecube and even Xbox to look at that.

I have Wii & PS3 peaking in 2009, at ~30 million and ~15 million units, with the Wii decline from the peak softened by price advantages, and the PS3 decline from the peak softened by the advanced tech. Xbox 360 is sort of caught in the middle which is why the early lead gave way to Wii and probably will give way to PS3 in the second half of 2009 or early in 2010.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Soriku said:

I've found the perfect GIF for this thread:

also this threads purpose is an

ecurbj said:
Wii sales will slow down, once we see another alphabet after "z"...lol

I have three of them...