By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sales will slow down

Yes i said it, i think the Wii sales will slow down.

Soon the Wii is going to hit the market saturation point just like the ds did in japan.

I think that the Wii only has so many people that want it, and nearly everyone who wants can afford one and thats why the sales have been wild. But once the Wii hits that magic number of the people who want one then the sales will decline.

my date is 2010, that year Wii will see a big decline in numbers 

Around the Network

People have been saying this since the system launched to explosive hardware numbers. Given that we've never had a week where the Wii met demand worldwide, we can't actually gauge what that demand is.

So I'll ask you: when will the Wii hit this saturation point, both in terms of date and in terms of numbers? Because if it's 2012 and after it hits 150 million units, your prediction isn't exactly bold.

Well yes.....but the deed will be done by then

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yes, Wii sales will slow down, eventually, a few years from now. But for now, they're only going up, up, and up!

by 2010, 100%

Around the Network
obieslut said:
by 2010, 100%

So you're saying that by January 1st, 2010, the Wii will stop selling altogether? Just so I know I'm clear on the issue, here.

How many units will it have sold when it stops selling?

So, once everyone who wants one has one, no one will want one anymore? Gotcha

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

it will not stop selling all together it just will sell alot lot lot lot less then what it is now

obieslut said:
it will not stop selling all together it just will sell alot lot lot lot less then what it is now

So I haven't made any bets up to now. Wanna make a bet?

You need to find the magic lamp to make wishes, vgchartz forum is not the proper way.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies