By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does MGS4 have better graphics then crysis?

leo-j said:
epsilon72 said:
fazz said:
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Hell no.

As many have said, this ^ = all you need to know.

How would a game with a graphics engine developed for the equivalent of a geforce 7600 be able to outdo a game developed for modern computer hardware?

I thought the RSX was a bit more powerful than the 7800GTX?

I've heard both. I suppose I should have put 7600/7800 in my original post.

My old 7800gtx would absolutely choke on high settings crysis though.  My current 8800gt (not top of the line) makes the game playable on ultra settings. 

Around the Network

Here is a face ingame Crysis:

Here is Crysis environments:

No contest.

sc94597 said:
psrock said:
the fact you guys are comparing MGS4 to Crysis IS QUITE FUNNY. For crysis, the look lies on the type of hardware you have. On A $2000 PC crysis looks better than MGS4, but on the 400 PC, you just cant play crysis period.

Lol you do realize that you could build a $400 pc that could play crysis on medium. 

The XBOX 360 can play crysis on medium high settings

The developers said that it could.

mM

Cry-engine2 marketing (only possible in cut-scenes): 

This is how the game Crysis looks like (highest settings):

That is a big huge difference.

leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
the fact you guys are comparing MGS4 to Crysis IS QUITE FUNNY. For crysis, the look lies on the type of hardware you have. On A $2000 PC crysis looks better than MGS4, but on the 400 PC, you just cant play crysis period.

Lol you do realize that you could build a $400 pc that could play crysis on medium. 

Which ones??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

@Slimebeast Shio already posted an in game pic that compares to that of the cry-engine 2 marketing

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:

Which ones??

I remember reading an article about it.

mM
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:

so medium settings gets you what, a little better than Haze. For those who's played Crysis, can you truly tell me the game looks like on your pc.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
leo-j said:
FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:

Which ones??

I remember reading an article about it.

I can remember the CEO saying something like that, but the devs??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
leo-j said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:

probably medium but not high

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"