By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - does MGS4 have better graphics then crysis?

psrock said:
my point is medium to high settings is the way most people play the game anyway, so what would be so different?

The difference is it was asked which game looks better.  Which one would assume meant at its best.

I bet i could make Crysis look worse then Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory if I fucked aroudn with the settings enough. 

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
my point is medium to high settings is the way most people play the game anyway, so what would be so different?

The difference is it was asked which game looks better.  Which one would assume meant at its best.

I bet i could make Crysis look worse then Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory if I fucked aroudn with the settings enough. 

I'm not that sure about it, but it will be intesting to see it...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Also, try running Crysis at 1024x768 w/ 2xAA. That's supposedly the native render and AA setting for MGS4 according the pixel counter Quoz guy.

Then try running it at Very High, High and Medium and post a legitimate opinion of what you think.

It looks a bit less impressive when not played at higher resolutions even though the visuals, physics and effects don't change. Crysis really is best played on a premium new rig to get the best experience.

I think the point some of the PS3 fans were making is that it takes exactly $400 worth of hardware to get the optimal experience out of MGS4.

Personally, I'm having more fun playing MGS4 and having more fun playing with the settings of Crysis on my computer.

Kasz216 said:
psrock said:

it will be tough to make it look like that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

sc94597 said:
SpartanFX said:

as a whole package (combination of character design ,,boss design,,graphics,,,gameplay,,story)

MGS4>>>crysis

in the graphics alone department  crysis has abit of advantage on high-very high settings(which it has over every single game on market)

but as a whole package I think MGS4 comes on top 

Sorry, but we aren't talking about that, and to mention it is being out of context of the thread. I would agree though

@  Leo-J I thought you were talking about highest settings. High isn't the highest. Ultra High is. Here is a pic of crysis in Ultra High. The game looks far better in motion btw. 

Now show me a far cry 2 pic for the ps3 and 360 that looks better. The pc version doesn't even look better. 

Those screens make me want to upgrade my PC.  *drool*  I need to pick up Crysis.

I give that post a 9.9. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

End of discussion :O

Damn.  That one looked real to me for a moment.  I thought it was John Mccain.

WOW from seeing these crysis picks it really amazes me,i gotta get the full version

I run Crysis on max with my SLI set up, and if people are saying MGS looks better than Crysis, you are seriously delusional.

Also, some of those Ingame pics are DX 9 and not 10

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

^wow so it looks even better

What is your pcs specs brute? Also are you running vista or xp.