By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What game is like "Secret of Mana" on Wii?

HELLFISH said:
Wow... looks like I missed out on an entire genre. I'll look up some of these older games for my "new" SNES. What good RPGs are incoming on Wii that may hold some of that magic of SoM?

Sorry, but short of Seiken Densetsu 3 you're not going to find anything even approaching that magical sweet spot on any system (and the game was never released outside of Japan, so you'll have to scrounge up a ROM version someplace). It's been over fifteen years: I think we need to give up hope.

Virtual Console may be your best hope, but the Enix games mentioned don't seem like they're coming anytime soon.  

Around the Network

what about.....Allundra on PS1? Its good, but more in the vein of Zelda..

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Alien Syndrome is about the closest you're going to get (basically a sci-fi version of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and other, Snowblind Studios-like, productions). It's about the ugliest game on Wii (a straight port, literally, from the PSP version) but, despite this, it's pretty entertaining.

Secret of Mana is a very unique game. Its kinda of a cross between Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Gauntlet. There really isn't anything like it on any system.

I suggest you play through again and this time bring a friend along.

also, get and emulator and download a translated copy of Seiken Densetsu 3.  Not quite as good as SoM but it is the closest your going to get.  

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

There isn't much like it on the Wii. The only thing close to that kind of multiplayer ARPG experience is the new Tales of Symphonia which isn't out yet. Might as well do what everyone else says and clean out all the SNES ARPGs.

Of course, you can also wait until SE announces Mana Wii at E3 and hope it's like the older games.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Secret of Mana is unique. There is no such thing as a SoM on Wii.

Kasz is right, try Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma on the SNES. The days of the glorious Action RPG are sadly long gone...

Are you kidding me? Almost every rpg is going actiion. I would say the days of the turn based rpg are gone. 

sc94597 said:
Faxanadu said:
Secret of Mana is unique. There is no such thing as a SoM on Wii.

Kasz is right, try Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma on the SNES. The days of the glorious Action RPG are sadly long gone...

Are you kidding me? Almost every rpg is going actiion. I would say the days of the turn based rpg are gone. 

He said glorious.

Turn based isn't going anywhere. Developers just aren't rehashing it as much.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

arent their mana games on the DS?

O-D-C said:
arent their mana games on the DS?

Yeah, but they are srpgs. I think they are called heroes of mana, and children of mana. 

@ Claude True, but there has to be at least a few good ones. 

Don't look in a desert if you want water.