By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What game is like "Secret of Mana" on Wii?

ClaudeLv250 said:
sc94597 said:
Faxanadu said:
Secret of Mana is unique. There is no such thing as a SoM on Wii.

Kasz is right, try Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma on the SNES. The days of the glorious Action RPG are sadly long gone...

Are you kidding me? Almost every rpg is going actiion. I would say the days of the turn based rpg are gone.

He said glorious.

Turn based isn't going anywhere. Developers just aren't rehashing it as much.

That's because Action RPGs sell better than Turn-based RPGs(that's a very true and very sad fact)

Around the Network
Riachu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
sc94597 said:
Faxanadu said:

Kasz is right, try Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma on the SNES. The days of the glorious Action RPG are sadly long gone...

Are you kidding me? Almost every rpg is going actiion. I would say the days of the turn based rpg are gone.

He said glorious.

That's because Action RPGs sell better than Turn-based RPGs(that's a very true and very sad fact)

Yes, I meant the glorious days of old school Action RPGs, not that shit that originated in turn based and then started to move into Action RPG territory - very different beast imo.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Sword of Mana on the GBA is probably the closest, it's pretty good. It's a remake of the Game Boy game Seiken Densetsu, (Secret of Mana is Seiken Densetsu 2) which was released as Final Fantasy Adventure in North America. It's short though, you can breeze through it in a couple of hours.

Children of Mana on the DS is a dungeon crawler and is nowhere close to SoM.

Sword of Mana was actually developed by Brownie Brown, which consists of members of the original Seiken Densetsu team. I'm sure they could do something in the same style as Secret of Mana, maybe on the DS.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Secret of Evermore (SNES) is my pick for the OP, but I don't think it's on the VC...

Faxanadu said:
Riachu said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
sc94597 said:
Faxanadu said:

He said glorious.

Yes, I meant the glorious days of old school Action RPGs, not that shit that originated in turn based and then started to move into Action RPG territory - very different beast imo.

Not all Action RPGs are bad i.e. Kingdom Hearts series

Around the Network

FFCC might be like it... but that's not out yet... MH3 is similar but it's more of a mmo-dungeon crawler - survival.

You'd have to wait for FFCC:CB - NMH is action based though, you can get that.

(No More Heroes)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Play Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube). It has real time battles, although you have the more traditional RPG system where you have to walk into an enemy to start a battle.
Also the storyline is great.

Super Mario RPG is coming to the Virtual Console, that's another amazing RPG (also by Square, like SoM)