By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Is Going To Be Amazing!

konnichiwa said:

That game was loved by a lot of females.;.=p..

Really? I liked the jobs and battles but the rest was aweful imo. I hated how the characters evolved (Rikku being a slut and annoying and Yuna trying to be like her... WTH?) Paine was hmmm... Okay I guess. It was too goody-goody and girly so in another words, annoying. Also I feel like there was some male fanservice in there...

And all those reasons made me wonder who were they targeting to play with this game? O-o

Around the Network

@lolita

I know...Yuna received a much un-needed change...that even changed her personality to a certain extent.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow. A debate on which FF was the best. I've always like IX the best and I wish more main characters had the personality like Zidane, tail or not.

For FF XIII to be successful (like FF VII), SE / Sony will need to do marketing like FF VII. They need to market it like FF is a new series and really try to turn the young generation into new FF fans.

Also, the main character is a big part of the hype. Cloud was a very Universal type of protagonist, while Squall and Zidane had too much personality (emo and happy pervert, respectively). I see Lightning being very much like Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell in personality. Very commanding and military-like.

Yeah, FF X-2 does have quite a following still with the fangirlies.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

@FinalEvangelion

Do you see lightning becoming a popular FF main character?

I mean it is meant to be a "female cloud"

lolita said:
konnichiwa said:

That game was loved by a lot of females.;.=p..

Really? I liked the jobs and battles but the rest was aweful imo. I hated how the characters evolved (Rikku being a slut and annoying and Yuna trying to be like her... WTH?) Paine was hmmm... Okay I guess. It was too goody-goody and girly so in another words, annoying. Also I feel like there was some male fanservice in there...

And all those reasons made me wonder who were they targeting to play with this game? O-o

Well not of course only females and not all females liked it but there were like a lot of new FF lovers after FFX-2 and those were especially FFX-2 fans....  And you see it also on conventions where a lot wear Yuna-Riku FFX-2 clothes.

Well  I didn't hated the game,  I liked the jobs aswell and I really liked to walk again where you have walked before and see characters back you have met before (Wakka and Lulu and their baby awesome!)...  but overall it will for sure not be a game that I wil remember for the great experience I got with it...

I don't think Rikku changed that much...Yuna really changed a lot though,  from the very serious adult type in FFX to the kiddy type in FFX-2.  

Rikku, Yuna in FFX-2 reminded me of the avarage 13-14 year old girls....Annoying, laughing to much etc;..

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@FinalEvangelion

Do you see lightning becoming a popular FF main character?

I mean it is meant to be a "female cloud"

Yeah, I think Cloud's sister becoming very popular.  Looks alot more promising than the last few characters.

There are some guys that don't like female main characters (which I don't understand because I would rather look at a female on the screen than a male for 40-60 hours).  But, also, around 1/3 of the FF fanbase is female and possibly increasing over time as more males are interested in games like Halo. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

8-10 million i would guess for xiii, 6-8 mill for vs. it still depends on reviews and reaction, but if they are both great they could sell over 10 mill each.

my top 5 right now. 1. uncharted 2 2. assassin's creed 2 3. god of war 3 4. final fantasy xiii 5. blue dragon: awakened shadow.

@FinalEvangelion

well Tomb Raider is still regarded as one of the most popular gaming characters...

anyway yeah after Vaan anything could be better

konnichiwa said:

(Wakka and Lulu and their baby awesome!)...

Weird baby name though... Vidina O-o

Rikku, Yuna in FFX-2 reminded me of the avarage 13-14 year old girls....Annoying, laughing to much etc;..

Lol... So true! XD

well all the main FF have been great

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"