By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Is Going To Be Amazing!

sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
I predict 5-7mil depending on when it is released. Most of the sales of FF games come in the first few weeks. After that the games lose about 50% of their potential consumers because every game is a love or hate game. Half of the fans love it the other half hate it. And this is the first final fantasy to be on a console that is almost dead in japan, and not the highest selling in all regions. So I definitely don't expect it to be as big as multiplat games such a Gta IV. Maybe as big as MGS4, but I don't know for sure.
It will probably be bigger than MGS4. The only love/hates games in the main series are VIII and XII

Actually with every Final Fantasy you will find a great number who loved it and a great number of people who hated it. The only final fantasy that isn't this way is X-2 which everybody hated.

Don't remind of me X-2(shugs).  VIII and XII were so controversial that we do not know if more people loved it or more people hated it

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

well read what I said please

FF7 sold close to 10 million

FF6 sold 3.7 million

so there were by then MORE fans used to futuristic than "medieval"

FF wasn't popular before FF VII. There wasn't much marketing in the US. Though I bet you if they released FF IX instead of FF VII (and called IX VII) and marketed as much as VII and used the cinematics in commercials then I bet it would've been very popular.
I wouldn't call 4 million not popular. I would say VII was just more popular.

Majority of VI sales were from Japan. FF wasn't popular in the West.
You didn't say outside japan though. You said it wasn't popular.

Every JRPG before FFVII sold a majority of its copies in Japan

Sorry, but that was off topic. He said final fantasy wasn't popular before VII. And I asked how 4 million sales wasn't popular.

I was trying to make a point since it is fact that every JRPG before FFVII sold best in Japan

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

Margaret was ok....but nothing compared to Aerith...personally I feel Tifa's a slut

anyways...Vivi was the show stealer character wise in FF9...

Who's Margaret? X_X @sc I said FF wasn't popular in the West.

That is what you meant to say, but you actually said this"FF wasn't popular before FF VII"

@Soriku

LMFAO

Garnett I meant....the ending of the names is similar...both end in ett

LMFAO x 4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

Margaret was ok....but nothing compared to Aerith...personally I feel Tifa's a slut

anyways...Vivi was the show stealer character wise in FF9...

Who's Margaret? X_X @sc I said FF wasn't popular in the West.

That is what you meant to say, but you actually said this"FF wasn't popular before FF VII"

lol. This is what I said: "Majority of VI sales were from Japan. FF wasn't popular in the West."
No I'm talking about when I originally replied to you. I was replying to your statement that stated "FF wasn't popular before FF VII", Then you replied to me with this ""Majority of VI sales were from Japan. FF wasn't popular in the West."  Also back then 800k for a Jrpg in the the U.S was pretty good. 

Around the Network

@Soriku

well Lightning + Yuna >> all of em put together

This thread got way off topic. LOL

@sc94597

well thats what always happens with any final fantasy thread...

sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
I predict 5-7mil depending on when it is released. Most of the sales of FF games come in the first few weeks. After that the games lose about 50% of their potential consumers because every game is a love or hate game. Half of the fans love it the other half hate it. And this is the first final fantasy to be on a console that is almost dead in japan, and not the highest selling in all regions. So I definitely don't expect it to be as big as multiplat games such a Gta IV. Maybe as big as MGS4, but I don't know for sure.
It will probably be bigger than MGS4.  The only love/hates games in the main series are VIII and XII

Actually with every Final Fantasy you will find a great number who loved it and a great number of people who hated it. The only final fantasy that isn't this way is X-2 which everybody hated.

That game was loved by a lot of females.;.=p..

@Soriku

lol...noooo

Has none of these gaming sites..IGN n so on made a top 10 list on hottest FF girls?

they make all sorts of crappy top 10 lists otherwise