By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Is Going To Be Amazing!

@slimebeast

Its good to find a fan of oblivion here...as people really bash it on Vg Chartz....

ES5 will sell 6 million LTD as the popularity grows

@Riachu

thats why FF13 will sell even more as JRPG fans who brought PS3 will have little choice..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Soriku

thats the pattern for many BIG PS franchises

even GT & MGS have the same pattern...

Also FF9 & FF12 sold shockingly lower as despite both being critically acclaimed they were "hated" by fans

FF9 as it "deserted" fans of FF who loved the FF series for "futursitic" stuff such as in FF7 n FF8...other people found it boring (me)..

FF12 was hated////well we all know why.

Riachu said:
Bursche said:
Riachu said:
Bursche said:
FinalEvangelion said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@burshe

for Gods sake PS2 didn't always have a 120 million install base

when FF10 launched PS2 userbase was at 10 MILLION

FF10 sold 8 million....so at most PS2 userbase was at 25 million by the time it stopped selling

I've been trying to emphasize this a while. But I think Wii fanboys on this site try to overlook the concept of install base segmentation on purpose. Then we get first day MGS4 sales blowing predictions out of the water, including mine. (I was expecting 800k).

How am I a Wii Fanboy? I predicted 7 million. A VERY good number sold for any game. I am just amazed at PS3 fanboys saying it will sell more than FFX and even FF7. Really? Yea im the fanboy.

Youre points before to avoid two posts:

"1)GT4 Was on a larger userbase but sold less than GT3

MGS3 was on a larger userbase but sold less than MGS2.

2) You are right about that but that was also like that on PS One. FFVII sold more than FFVIII and FFIX.

If FFX sold less than than FFIX you would be totalty right about consistently selling less but it didn't...It sold more than FFIX and also more than FFVIII not more as FFVII but we all know how epic FFVII was;..
"

Like I said, the first installment in a series on a new platform will generally sell more than later copies. That is why GT3 ousold GT4 and MGS2 outsold MGS3. That is one point to why FF13 will be successful and sell a hell of a lot of copies. But as you see, Final Fantasy is not the top RPG anymore. It has competition and has lost its edge. That is why it wont outsell FFX and FF7. If it does, then top notch to SE for making two versions, because that would be the only reason why it could possibly sell more than FFX or FF7.

What competition does FF have other than DQ and Kingdom Hearts?

Star Ocean, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Tales, Phantasy Star, etc. While these are not as big as FF, DQ, and Kingdom Hearts, the fact is that Final Fantasy is not the definitive top RPG anymore compared to the original Playstation era.

Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls shouldn't count since they are PC RPGs.  Phantasy Star was never particularly popular, even in Japan.  SO and Tales being competition to FF isn't too big of an exaggeration.

Well those will steal some sales of FFXIII though, I just want also to add   the SMT Franchise;.I don't think those games sold very well but it haves some FFVII fans who prefer now SMT above the FF franchise...

It will sell very well. Most PS3 owners buy a PS3 for FF13 and MGS4.

Also, 13's battle system looks very fun but story wise Versus looks better.

I also heard the next Zelda will rock.

Also Halo 4 will be awesome.

I expect good things from NG3 too. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

I predict 5-7mil depending on when it is released. Most of the sales of FF games come in the first few weeks. After that the games lose about 50% of their potential consumers because every game is a love or hate game. Half of the fans love it the other half hate it. And this is the first final fantasy to be on a console that is almost dead in japan, and not the highest selling in all regions. So I definitely don't expect it to be as big as multiplat games such a Gta IV. Maybe as big as MGS4, but I don't know for sure.

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

thats the pattern for many BIG PS franchises

even GT & MGS have the same pattern...

Also FF9 & FF12 sold shockingly lower as despite both being critically acclaimed they were "hated" by fans

FF9 as it "deserted" fans of FF who loved the FF series for "futursitic" stuff such as in FF7 n FF8...other people found it boring (me)..

FF12 was hated////well we all know why.

I guess. But it's definitely something to take note of either way. Also, LOL at FF IX "abandoning" FF fans. You're comparing 2 futuristic games (VII and VIII) to 7 actual fantasy games. Can't believe people actually thought that back then. I'd take a fantasy FF over a futuristic one. The futuristic ones are good still, but fantasy is better.

People never saw how the other games were before....  I remember that some FFVII fans thought that the flashbacks in FFVII were scenes from Final Fantasy VI....   Some of them have even pre ordered FFVIII because they thought it would follow the story of Cloud again and that you maybe could revive Aeris in it;.. I am talking about Europe now considering we never got a FF before you couldn't blame them...

@Soriku

well read what I said please

FF7 sold close to 10 million

FF6 sold 3.7 million

so there were by then MORE fans used to futuristic than "medieval"

Soriku said:
lolita said:
It will sell very well. Most PS3 owners buy a PS3 for FF13 and MGS4.

Also, 13's battle system looks very fun but story wise Versus looks better.

I'd take Versus's KH style battle system over FF XIII's FF XII style battle system =/

I would take a turn based battle system over all of those mentioned by you guys. 

It will exceed many's expectations.