By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IV- Dissapointment?

@cremator

as for "trolling"

my friend it is YOU who has been BANNED for it...not ME before this

so don't even bring up the issue of "trolling" here as you have no credibility in that respect

as for reasons....I gave a firm & clear reason---- GTA 4 destroys everything that was great about GTA SA

being the xbot you are I doubt you have even played that game..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Am I "xbot" because i loved GTAIV???
Now, my friend, this is called Dementia.

"(I do not play games for more than 6 hours a day but MGS4 was an exception)"
So, lets do the math. You played GTAIV (as you claim you did) for almost 20 hours tops. In other words, you didn't even finish HALF of the bloody game. Son, xbots aside, trolling aside, fanboyism aside, everything aside.
You are heading with your brakes loose towards a dead end of ruining EVERY gaming experience you will have in your life because of this blindness of yours.
Youre a 16 year old guy who ruins his gaming experiences because of it. I hope this changes sometime in the future. Happy 10.000 posts...

@epinefridis

tell me....have you EVER been familiar with the GTA series....

In GTA completing the game isn't the only thing you do (most people never buy a GTA for the missions...they buy it to mess around)....the whole damn point of a GTA game was freedom, enjoyment in things apart from missions, having incentives to keep playing on the game even if you get bored of the repetitive missions..

NONE of that freedom or fun is there in GTA anymore.
in San Andreas I NEVER even got past 50% of the game....why because all I ever did was explore the cities, the places between them, go on top of the mountains, cycle down them....fly planes and so on

NOTHING can be done in GTA 4 for such enjoyment....I don't need to complete the game to get a "GTA" experience....as that GTA experience, sense of freedom, "do what you want to", variety isn't there anymore....

& if you keep on using AGE as a factor for me to not be able to understand or recognize qualities in the game....you are only embarrassing yourself as this is an internet forum....you could be 10 year old for all we care or know.

XGamer0611 said:
Sales wise it is doing great. Did it move hardware? No. I think the reason GTA IV didn't move hardware is because it wasn't an exclusive. If it had been an exclusive for either the PS3 or 360. Microsoft or Sony would be laughing their way to the bank. I would bet that if MGS4 wasn't an exclusive it would not have move as much hardware as it did.

As for the game itself being a disappointment, I completely disagree. This was easily the best GTA game. Up until this weeks release of MGS4 I could not stop playing it. I had more fun playing GTA IV then I did playing GTA III, GTA: VC, GTA: SA, GTA, LCS, and GTA: VCS. The story is well thought out and very well written, all the cut scenes move the story well with out being boring. That is something I can't completely say about MGS4 as some of the cut scenes have had useless info and have been dragged out (typical MGS). GTA IV is great, so it didn't move hardware that is because it wasn't exclusive.

But crying on the way to paying for the exclusivity!

As for GTA IV, I think the story was by far the best, but beyond that it was disspointing, adiction to FF X has stopped me from playing it again. I am also getting a bit addicted to MGS 4, though I have not played that much of it (maybe 5 hours (well like 3 of playing!))

@darthdevidem01
Oh, I WISH i had your age. I don't use it as a negative point. For Gods sake. It is negative when you are trying to ..."pawn" me for example about GTA series which I fanatically play since GTA ...1. And I got a 94% on San Andreas at 87 hours of gameplay (all the bloody tags and all the horseshoes and all the oysters and all the photoshots and all the freakin weird jobs) and it was one of the best games I've ever played. But GTAIV IS NOT like this. And what you don't understand is that it would be ridiculous and disgusting if the first next gen overhyped GTA was like this. It was an epic story in the most detailed and alive game world I've ever seen. Comparing to this Liberty City, the living world of Oblivion (135hours of gameplay for me) is a JOKE. And it is sad that you cant see it.

And a proposition. Put on again San Andreas (I did and played it till the Las Venturas missions). It will feel the same fun and adorable game. But I felt something was missing. And yes, it is the glorious aspect of GTAIV.

And something about the age. Do you think that characterizing a much older guy who at least tries to participate on a debate "pawned xbot" (here in Greece we say that the characterization characterizes the one who spits it), do you any justice? I don't think so. So first of all the others, YOU must defend your age group with your actions. Not me. Believe me. I can greatly communicate with a "Sony fan" of my age. But kids like you make it seem soooo difficult. And i wish it wasn't.

Around the Network

I love GTA4. The game is simply amazing. If you have been in New York you see so many great places again. The shooting parts are finally fun and everything really fits beautifully together.

I had more fun with some games this gen but only 8-10 hours. GTA4 is one of the best games I have ever played. No other game created such an awesome world.

And for those who are saying that there is less to do than in San Andreas:

1) How much time do you have? You can do the storyline, races, hunt bad guys, steal cars, play darts, pool, cubed, go out with friends, fly helicopter, drive boats, make stunts ...... Most of the time I am overwhelmed by the possibilities.

2) This is the first game of this gen. They had to create the game engine, art work, characters, cars, and the game is still huge. Wait for the next 1-2 GTA games for this gen where they only have to rearrange the already made artwork like they did for San Andreas.

Bottomline: Awesome game. And for sales: 9 million copies sold and still >200k per week? Thats ridiculous.

My prediction went completely upside down, instead of the PS3 and 360 seeing a huge boost and wii sales dropping, the exact opposite happened for no reason either..

mM

@ kyros, I just found it less fun to do all those activities, I don't really know why, though I am sure at some point I will get back to playing, SA just kept me playing for longer. I do agree that we should give them some respite because it is the first, and it is certainly not a bad game, it is amaizng, but it is not the best game ever, though I do think it is just a little bit better than GTA SA because of graphics improving over time, but I probably did have the same amount of fun overall, but the story of IV was better, but the other stuff n SA was better. I just want my planes back!

@epinefridis

well...the "fun" wasn't there....yes I know it sounds like a typical nintendo fanboy excuse but thats the truth not only for me but MANY people on this site...

Hopefully they make a GTA:SA type game next instead of a "Vice City"..

@munkeh111

agree....the PLANES....just WOW!!!!!

I swear half of my last-gens playtime went in the planes of GTA SA.

I just want my planes back!

GTA5 I suppose I agree btw that the whole pool, dart etc. stuff is a bit boring but the shooting got much better so for me GTA4 has the upper hand.