By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it good for me to bought Boom Blox and pass Okami?

It depends on what type of games you like.

As far as adventure games go, Okami is about as good as it gets. Don't listen to the complaints about the controls. The controls are good.

As far as unique puzzle games go, Boom Blox is about as good as it gets. The controls are good.

I'm glad to have not helped in any way.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

As a Wii owner since launch, i look at the reviews that play the Wii controls negativly with a grain of salt. Anyone with the slightest experience with a Wiimote should have NO problems with the celestial brush in the game.

I for one love the controls, and instances of my brush inputs not being recognized were very few and far between.

Needless to say, i would strongly recommend Okami.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

I haven't played Okami yet, but Boom Blox is an awesome game, you won't regret it.

bought them both and Okami is just so much better - took me an hour or two to get used to celestine brush motions but when you do and you're knocking them off and the whole game kicks off it's just fantastic.

Not as good as Zelda TP for me personally but what a game none the less.

exnoctem said:
As a Wii owner since launch, i look at the reviews that play the Wii controls negativly with a grain of salt. Anyone with the slightest experience with a Wiimote should have NO problems with the celestial brush in the game.

I for one love the controls, and instances of my brush inputs not being recognized were very few and far between.

Needless to say, i would strongly recommend Okami.

I have to admit that there's always something to complain about by reviewers when it comes to WII games, while they're actually great. 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Depends on how much time you have. Okami isn't exactly something you can play in fifteen minute bursts. Still, it's about as close to Zelda as you can get without actually being Zelda. I guess it'll just have to tide us over till they announce a new Zelda, although that might be a while... or it could be at E3.

I have both....I stopped playing Okami a little over half way through to play Boom Blox....

Then I got MKWii.....

But I still plan on going back to finish Okami.

But Okami is a much better game than Boom Blox. Boom Blox takes great favantage of the Wiimote....but Okami is a much better game overall.

Should've consult you guys before I buy the game, anyway I'll buy Okami later maybe in a month, after I finsihed Zelda. BTW Zelda was the last game I bought, and yeah its long but its fun.

So reviewers are lying about the controls? :'( SERIOUSLY, I want to buy the game but the reviewers says so about the controls. NOOOOO! *slaps himself on the forehead*

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Get Okami, just-- get it.

I was wondering if I should get this game as soon as it came out for Wii. I didn't know if I should get it or not, but I eventually got it. After getting by the long opening and actually got to play the game I loved it. I'm still not finished but I can play the game for hours. Honestly I'm liking it A LOT better than Twilight Princess. It's one of my favourite games of all time and for 40$ it's worth every penny. 

yushire said:
Should've consult you guys before I buy the game, anyway I'll buy Okami later maybe in a month, after I finsihed Zelda. BTW Zelda was the last game I bought, and yeah its long but its fun.

So reviewers are lying about the controls? :'( SERIOUSLY, I want to buy the game but the reviewers says so about the controls. NOOOOO! *slaps himself on the forehead*

THe controls could be a lot tighter - thats what seperates it from Zelda, ie you shake the nunchuck to dodgean attack and it doesn't work properly but its not needed through the game and it doesn't spoil the game one bit.