By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it good for me to bought Boom Blox and pass Okami?

Sorry but I dont like ports. If you seen my collections only Tomb Raider, Manhunt 2 and The Godfather was the only port. I really want to buy Okami but the reviews on the controls let me stay away from the game.  Yeah, I already bought Boom Blox actually yesterday I played it and enjoyed it but I wonder if I miss something when I didnt buy Okami.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Strange because, the reviews i read stated different about the controls. Maybe it's only a matter of how you handle motion gestures. But truth be told, Okami is the better game, hands down. If anything you should get both games, but i strongly urge you to consider buying Okami, as it's cheaper and will last you some time while giving a very good Zelda-like experience.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

You're an idiot! Oops, I'll get banned for this... ehm... a silly person... (now that really sounds idiot).

Okami is a Zelda-like game with hours, hours of gameplay. If your only excuse is you don't like ports then that's really nonsense to skip Okami, because its a bloody good game! If you can get it, then grab it.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I think Okami is not as good as Zelda, but you can give it a try. Just rent it for a day and buy it when you like it.

I liked Boom Blox better than Okami.

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2

blesphemy!!

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

I did exactly the same. I could buy both but with Mario Kart online and Brawl coming out one day I won't have enough time for two new games (I have still barely played No More Heroes and Pro Evolution since I bought them). In a choice between supporting a new 3rd party game and a port of an old game I decided to get the new game. If more people buy 3rd party ports rather than new 3rd party games then we will keep just getting PS2 games rather than new games. Boom Blox is also something I could play with the wife.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Buy both games. Save up and buy Okami later on.

Okami hands down, its a piece of art. Bloom Blox is just a novelty game.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Buy Okami, I'm playing it now and it's a great game. I was skeptical about the controls at first too, but they are easy and fun to use. After I learned that you can press a button to help you draw straight lines I had no problems with them (hold the Z trigger while drawing).

I haven't played Okami much yet, so my opinion is clearly biased, but I prefer Boom Blox so far.