By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How in the world does MGS only get an 8?

PooperScooper said:

This all started because you said i said you said anything lower than a 90% is crap... (when I didnt)

I dont see why you are going on with this... fucking give up now. seriously you are the most rediculous poster ever...

Actually this all started when you brought my name into a thread I wasn't in that was about a score of eight and stated, "but it's people like starcraft who emphasize on game scores (look at his sig) that make people so defensive when good games get low scores because it fuels his arguments."

The direct implication is that I consider eight to be a low score, and that I use such a score to fuel my 'arguments.'  What you consider these arguments to be is as yet unclear, but it appears to be yet another implication that I consider sub 90% scoring games to be of poor quality.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

This all started because you said i said you said anything lower than a 90% is crap... (when I didnt)

I dont see why you are going on with this... fucking give up now. seriously you are the most rediculous poster ever...

Actually this all started when you brought my name into a thread I wasn't in that was about a score of eight and stated, "but it's people like starcraft who emphasize on game scores (look at his sig) that make people so defensive when good games get low scores because it fuels his arguments."

The direct implication is that I consider eight to be a low score, and that I use such a score to fuel my 'arguments.'  What you consider these arguments to be is as yet unclear, but it appears to be yet another implication that I consider sub 90% scoring games to be of poor quality.

LOL! Before you quote me out of context look to what I was refering to.

Thank you for proving my point.

Your statements would stand if I were refering to the OP but I infact was not.

I never once said you thought anything lower than a 90% was crap which you were implying i said.

Oh I also love how you admit you dont even know what I was refering to.

I'll accept your apology now...

and hey next time we do this just fucking ask what i mean right off the bat. It will save a lot of trouble

PooperScooper said:
The Mann said:
PooperScooper said:

and how many times do I have to say it doesnt bother me. It was a fucking example. DO YOU KNOW WHAT AN EXAMPLE IS????

The original quote was me saying people fucking think gamerscores are the last word. And hm... lets think about this for a second.... who says something about gamer score everytime they post... hm.... STARCRAFT BECAUSE ITS IN HIS DAMN SIG,

Go back and read your first post in this thread..sorry but that post literally SCREAMED defensive to me! Heck you even said the word four or five times yourself in that post.

Go back and read who I was responding to. They were wondering why it was a big deal that games got hi reviews. I explained why. Because fanboys will use it as fuel. And the opposing fanboys dont like it. It makes perfect sense. even the person i responded to agreed.

Its funny to see how you edited it but, my original point still stands. 

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

The Mann said:
PooperScooper said:
The Mann said:
PooperScooper said:

and how many times do I have to say it doesnt bother me. It was a fucking example. DO YOU KNOW WHAT AN EXAMPLE IS????

The original quote was me saying people fucking think gamerscores are the last word. And hm... lets think about this for a second.... who says something about gamer score everytime they post... hm.... STARCRAFT BECAUSE ITS IN HIS DAMN SIG,

Go back and read your first post in this thread..sorry but that post literally SCREAMED defensive to me! Heck you even said the word four or five times yourself in that post.

Go back and read who I was responding to. They were wondering why it was a big deal that games got hi reviews. I explained why. Because fanboys will use it as fuel. And the opposing fanboys dont like it. It makes perfect sense. even the person i responded to agreed.

Its funny to see how you edited it but, my original point still stands. 

I didn't edit anything.... but I'm glad you think I did.... that just means you think I did something after the fact to make myself look better. But I never did... So apparently you are admitting fault...

PooperScooper said:

I never once said you thought anything lower than a 90% was crap which you were implying i said.

I don't know where I've claimed you said my opinion was anything below 90% is crap?

What I've said is you implied consecutively that I thought below 90% was low and that I thought below 8 was low.

I will now issue a second reminder too you that you have ignored the fact that the best game I have recently played was Lost Odyssey, which received a 78 on metacritic.  

This isn't the first time you have claimed that I place an emphasis on review scores.  You were also corrected by people in a Ninja Gaiden 2 thread when you said something to the effect that I would not like the game due to it receiving sub-AAA review scores.

You were corrected on that occassion, so I am under no illusion that you may have made a mistake when you falsely claimed I place a notable emphasis on review scores in this thread. 

Around the Network
brute said:
yeah the game is very good but it probably doesnt perfectly fit everyones tastes

That's putting it mildly.

We have a lot of people claiming games like MGS fit a minor niche in terms of gamers' tastes. Just about all of those were dead wrong about the first days sales though, not that first day sales determine the final LTD sales.

It's definitely a niche though, with the largest chunk belonging to the core gamer demographic. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the sales totals stack up once they've leveled off. Unfortunately, it will be tough to gauge as long as it remains a part of the 80GB bundle unless people specifically stop buying the 80GB model because it comes with MGS4 (yes, pretty ridiculous).

starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

I don't know where I've claimed you said my opinion was anything below 90% is crap?

What I've said is you implied consecutively that I thought below 90% was low and that I thought below 8 was low.

I will now issue a second reminder too you that you have ignored the fact that the best game I have recently played was Lost Odyssey, which received a 78 on metacritic.  

This isn't the first time you have claimed that I place an emphasis on review scores.  You were also corrected by people in a Ninja Gaiden 2 thread when you said something to the effect that I would not like the game due to it receiving sub-AAA review scores.

You were corrected on that occassion, so I am under no illusion that you may have made a mistake when you falsely claimed I place a notable emphasis on review scores in this thread. 

BTW - I knew that was you

Also that's about the time the site had a login bug so I wasn't able to go back to that. That thread is stale and old now and there is no point in bringing it up. I wasn't able to go back to it and after 2-3 weeks of not being able to login in it became useless to go back to it.

Also it doesn't matter what you are playing now... why do I care what you are playing? Why would I respond to that? That isn't the issue here.

Also... You are admitting you said I said you think anything lower than a 90% is a low score... A low score to me means a crap game so when I say that you implied i said you said that anything lower than 90 is crap it means low score... so same thing

Also I edited that post go reread it.

PooperScooper said:

BTW - I knew that was you

Also that's about the time the site had a login bug so I wasn't able to go back to that. That thread is stale and old now and there is no point in bringing it up.

Also it doesn't matter what you are playing now... why do I care what you are playing? Why would I respond to that? That isn't the issue here.

Also... You are admitting you said I said you think anything lower than a 90% is a low score... A low score to me means a crap game so when I say that you implied i said you said that anything lower than 90 is crap it means low score... so same thing

Also I edited that post go reread it.

Knew who was me?

Its important to mention that thread because it demonstrates this is the second (specific instance I can recall) time you have made this assertion that I overly emphasize review scores falsely.

What game I have played most recently is important, as it clearly indicates that I do not base my gaming choices on review scores, to the detriment of your argument.

Also, if a "low score to me (you) means a crap game," then I would argue that it is YOU and not me that places too much emphasis on review scores.

I went back to page one, I can see no change in your post.

starcraft said:

Knew who was me?

Its important to mention that thread because it demonstrates this is the second (specific instance I can recall) time you have made this assertion that I overly emphasize review scores falsely.

What game I have played most recently is important, as it clearly indicates that I do not base my gaming choices on review scores, to the detriment of your argument.

Also, if a "low score to me (you) means a crap game," then I would argue that it is YOU and not me that places too much emphasis on review scores.

I went back to page one, I can see no change in your post.

The girl from Australia.

No. What game you are playing does not matter. I never said anything in this thread specifically about games you think are bad.

Uh... usually crap games get low scores... am I wrong about that? Good games get low scores? WELL FUCK HAZE AND LAIR MUST BE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!! NO ONE CAN CRITIZICE THESE EVER AGAIN!

not the one on the first page... but I'm glad you admit i didnt change it because the mann thought i did. I meant the post a few up. The one you quoted me before this one.

PooperScooper said:

The girl from Australia.

No. What game you are playing does not matter. I never said anything in this thread specifically about games you think are bad.

Uh... usually crap games get low scores... am I wrong about that? Good games get low scores? WELL FUCK HAZE MUST BE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!

not the one on the first page... but I'm glad you admit i didnt change it because the mann thought i did. I meant the post a few up. The one you quoted me before this one.

I already have an alternate, its Starcraft1.

What game I am playing matters in that it directly disproves your theory that I am somewhat hung up on review scores.  

I did not say that good games get low scores.  Possibly my favourite game of all time is Fable, and it got 85.  Clearly I do not require a game to be 90% or above to play it.

Are you referring to the edit where you somewhat arrogantly tried to avoid the entire argument by claiming you are owed an apology?