By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How in the world does MGS only get an 8?

Ok, I am only in Act 3 (probably close to the end of it), and unless this game goes the way of Bioshock (crappy ending), how can this game only get an 8? So far, everyone seems to like the ending.

I can not see how anyone could think this game is that bad. For me, so far, it's one of, if not the, best game I have ever played.

Oh, and this is for the people who have actually played the game, and please no spoilers (like if in Act 4 something goes terribly wrong, don't give it away please, just say Act 4 sucks).

I know when games get a 10 and it's due to hype, people bitch. This game got a few 8's, and it's due to hype. I am here to start the bitch session about them. 

Around the Network

i know what u mean.

some of the reviewers either said the story was too complex or that it was dissapointing. im on act 5. and so far there is nothing dissapointing about it.

DogWeed said:
i know what u mean.

some of the reviewers either said the story was too complex or that it was dissapointing. im on act 5. and so far there is nothing dissapointing about it.

Yea, that's what I have heard as well. You can skip the story, or dislike the complexity, and still the game warrants more then an 8.

From what I can tell, you get a very basic story though the game play. If you want a thin story, you can achieve it.

Edge like to think they are better than everyone else.

PSN - hanafuda

MGS4 it is you are going to hate it or love it. These were just people who hated it

Around the Network

Its called be a biased dush bag deal with it.

(points at reviewers)

mM

Bro there will always be an oddball out of the bunch that praise the game.

It's obvious who ever gave the game a 8, wanted to be the spotlight...lol

obieslut said:
MGS4 it is you are going to hate it or love it. These were just people who hated it

I hate SMG (well, don't like it, hate might be too strong a word). I would give it a very high score, because for it's target audience, it's great.

You can not make any game perfect for anyone who likes games. You can only make it a great game for the kind of game you are making.

I don't care who you are, MGS4 is better then an 8 for what it's trying to be. 

Soriku said:
8 is a bad score now? 8 means it's good.

Yea, 8 is good. MGS4 is far better then good.

TheRealMafoo said:
obieslut said:

I hate SMG (well, don't like it, hate might be too strong a word). I would give it a very high score, because for it's target audience, it's great.

You can not make any game perfect for anyone who likes games. You can only make it a great game for the kind of game you are making.

I don't care who you are, MGS4 is better then an 8 for what it's trying to be. 

I like this post. Once I finish MGS3 I will be getting 4, but from what I heard it is the best one yet. So 8 definiately isn't a fitting score. If it's from edge though I am not surprised.Didn't they give mario kart wii a 5 and metroid prime 3 a 6 or 7.