By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How in the world does MGS only get an 8?

4 Reviewers gave it an 8. One gave it an 8.5. 8.5 I might see as an extreme low, but 8 is just BS.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/926596.asp

Around the Network

The GamesTm site also gave MGS4 a 8, but don't take it too bad from them they like to rate really low. They gave Assassins creed a 4 on the PS3.

why do you care what someone else rated the game seriously? you guys are ridiculous about these game scores

Griffin said:
The GamesTm site also gave MGS4 a 8, but don't take it too bad from them they like to rate really low. They gave Assassins creed a 4 on the PS3.

I never heard of GamesTm though... 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Baddman - Really I don't give a shit if it gets Lair type scores, but it's people like starcraft who emphasize on game scores (look at his sig) that make people so defensive when good games get low scores because it fuels his arguments. People's only defense to rebut his claims are to gain some high review score...

My defence for his AAA definition however is to not give a fuck, and define games I have a blast with as AAA (Like Uncharted)

And people shouldn't worry if this game dips below 90% in gamerankings because this game is the definition of AAA... just look at first day sales and everyones opinion. Sure starcraft will try to rub it in but just as long as we all know the truth we are fine.

Around the Network

I don't really care how it rates. The point of this thread is when a game gets a higher score then it should, we get 100 people descending on the reviewers like they are the biggest pieces of dung known to man.

If you are going to do that, then when a game gets a worse score then it should, call them out for it as well.

Be consistent.

Reviewers are the epitome of bias. Each review site should have someone with the same tastes as the game being reviewed to review that game. Otherwise, bias gets in the way. You'd think this would lead to being biased FOR it and giving a game too high of a score, but the results would actually be more accurate then the other way around. You can't possibly expect to like every game that gets a perfect score from every website. But you would probably expect to like a game reviewed great by a person with your tastes.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

It doesn't matter. Just remember that mgs4 is a game of galaxy and brawl calibur. (it beats halo 3 and gta4 imo.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

There's no way to effectively account for taste. Indeed, the entire concept of giving numeric scores based off of an opinion is a flawed idea at best. Certain games hold higher appeal for certain individuals than others. While MGS4 may well be several peoples' favorite game ever, to others (myself included), the game incites little to no interest. And of course, there's a whole slew of opinions in between those extremes, too. Instead of worrying about what somebody else thinks of a game you like, it's best to just enjoy the game and let others enjoy or dislike it as they wish.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

@pooperscooper you are correct i chose to do the same and not bother with the idiots because noones opinion can make me like a game any more or less