By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How in the world does MGS only get an 8?

PooperScooper said:

Baddman - Really I don't give a shit if it gets Lair type scores, but it's people like starcraft who emphasize on game scores (look at his sig) that make people so defensive when good games get low scores because it fuels his arguments. People's only defense to rebut his claims are to gain some high review score...

Didn't we establish that your regular misrepresentation of my opinions now required you to present quotes and links for all your claims?

I don't consider 8 to be a low score in any way, shape or form.  The best game I've played lately was Lost Odyssey, and its sitting at 78 on Metacritic.

If you cannot properly grasp my opinion on a particular issue, please refrain from referring to me in future debates. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
regin2005 said:
This game didn't deserve a perfect score....that's for sure! This is GTA4 all over again.

says the racist without a Ps3...

starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

Baddman - Really I don't give a shit if it gets Lair type scores, but it's people like starcraft who emphasize on game scores (look at his sig) that make people so defensive when good games get low scores because it fuels his arguments. People's only defense to rebut his claims are to gain some high review score...

Didn't we establish that your regular misrepresentation of my opinions now required you to present quotes and links for all your claims?

I don't consider 8 to be a low score in any way, shape or form.  The best game I've played lately was Lost Odyssey, and its sitting at 78 on Metacritic.

If you cannot properly grasp my opinion on a particular issue, please refrain from referring to me in future debates. 

AAA (90%+) games per console (metacritic):

Wii:5

Xbox 360: 12

PS3: 5

There you go. I just gave you the quote you asked for.

It's Twilight Princess 8.8 all over again. Scream, fanboys. SCREAM!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

PooperScooper said:
starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:

I don't consider 8 to be a low score in any way, shape or form. The best game I've played lately was Lost Odyssey, and its sitting at 78 on Metacritic.

Since his signature gets you all tingly and defensive how about you make a signature for yourself:

AAA (Games i Like) games per console (im a critic):

Wii:

Xbox 360: 

PS3:

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
^ so if one of the flaws is the reviewer doesnt like the series and never has... that is a reasonable excuse to lower the score? (Ex: Eurogamer)

At that point, the reader should probably stop reading the review since the reviewer is openly admiting they don't like the series due a fundamental issue with the series' game play, the overall story/game world, etc. 

It's not a reasonable excuse to start with a lower score as that indicates a negative bias before even starting the game. At least it's not reasonable for a legit review. 

PooperScooper said:
starcraft said:

I don't consider 8 to be a low score in any way, shape or form. The best game I've played lately was Lost Odyssey, and its sitting at 78 on Metacritic.

Where in that quote did it remotely imply that anything less than 90% is not a "good" score and is in fact a "low" score?

The Mann said:
PooperScooper said:

Since his signature gets you all tingly and defensive how about you make a signature for yourself:

Wii:

Xbox 360: 

PS3:

doesn't get me defensive at all... what the fuck are you smoking? because someone asks me to quote them when they emphisize on gamescores and i do that makes defensive?

get your shit straight pal.

The Mann said:
PooperScooper said:

Wii:

Xbox 360:

PS3:

Sometimes this does seem to be Pooper's preferred marking scale

starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:
starcraft said:

Where in that quote did it remotely imply that anything less than 90% is not a "good" score and is in fact a "low" score?

where in my quote did I imply that? my quote implied you emphasis on game score... and every time you post something low and behold game score post with it... if thats not emphasizing something i dont know what is