By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, the graphics are pretty insane. The game engine is incredibly powerful and streamlined if it is truly running most of those cutscenes. If you zoom in on Snake or just about anything, the detail is usually pretty impressive.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

This game passes uncharted visually, thats all I have to say.

mM

You guys are playing though this game way too fast. Isnt it a sneak game?

The re-play value of a story-driven linear game like MGS4 is 0.

leo-j said:
This game passes uncharted visually, thats all I have to say.

Now that I am into Act 3, I have to agree with you.

The thing that's also impressive, is the different area's are so different. Uncharted did one thing (watery jungle) so amazingly well. This does multiple locations amazingly well.

Best graphics on a console I have ever seen. 

Slimebeast said:

Metal Gear Online.  'Nuff said.

Plus, from what I've seen there are various ways of getting through each area.  Assisting the malitia, killing everybody, avoiding everybody, etc.  The gameplay is great, so just skip the cutscenes if you don't feel like seeing them on a second playthrough.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I will replay this game, at least one more time. Probably twice, to see if I can do it without killing anyone. 

Slimebeast said:

You assume to much,  dont comment on something you have never played.

mM

@slimebeast

exactly....I'm at 26 hours n I've still got 2 acts to complete....while people are ending it in 15 - 17 hours

@Real Mafoo

yeah its truly ACT 3 n its environment that makes one realize how far they have pushed the grfx

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@slimebeast

the latter part of your post is BS though

as you can replay MGS4 as an action game...or if you played like an action game first....replay it like a stealth game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Dont play ACT 4...

mM