By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Uncharted still holds the Console Graphics King crown in my opinion, but MGS4 certainly looks frikkin' marvellous! Better than Gears but not quite as good as Uncharted. Then again, I haven't actually finished the game yet.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:

one question came to my mind after playing the game for 6 hours,,,

why wasn't it mentioned before that the graphics are this good?

I mean there is no difference from cutscene to the gameplay,,,,

the graphics, character desing , texture ,every thing is better than anything I have seen this gen

I mean KZ2/Gears2 have big hypes for graphics,,,,but this game is out now and in graphics ,it is extrlemly good looking and polished,,,at times you feel like you are actually in the warzone due to millions of things goin on the screen ,,,

so as mentioned before, I m just wondering why wasn't the graphics for this game hyped?was it becasue kojima didn't show any gameplay clips for the past 8-9 months untill the release yesterday?

my last question is that do you(PS3 owners who have played MGS4)think that this game is the best looking PS3 game?(remeber it's just about the graphics )

all reviwers apart from blatent biased fanboy reviews ala eurotoilet, gave the grafix a 10/10

i knew this was something special just from the instalation screen, and it was so cool because i was also having a smoke then a voice comes from snake "made you wait huh" lol classic

to answer your question, overall this is the greatest looking console game ever made, it looks so stunning i dont have words to describe it, and this can only be done on ps3.

but................ il still say this, you will be pressed to find in game grafix that better the scene in uncharted when drake and sully see the nazi u-boat, just moving the camera around at the scenery is breathtaking.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@God of war

I have played uncharted.....MGS4 beats it in grfx.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@God of war

I have played uncharted.....MGS4 beats it in grfx.

You really think so? I haven't finished MGS4 yet, (Just started Act 3) but I think Uncharted trumps it so far, when it comes to graphics. Although MGS4 truly does looks brilliant. Well, they're both awesome games, these are good days to be a PS3 owner! 

SpartanFX said:

one question came to my mind after playing the game for 6 hours,,,

why wasn't it mentioned before that the graphics are this good?

I mean there is no difference from cutscene to the gameplay,,,,

the graphics, character desing , texture ,every thing is better than anything I have seen this gen

I mean KZ2/Gears2 have big hypes for graphics,,,,but this game is out now and in graphics ,it is extrlemly good looking and polished,,,at times you feel like you are actually in the warzone due to millions of things goin on the screen ,,,

so as mentioned before, I m just wondering why wasn't the graphics for this game hyped?was it becasue kojima didn't show any gameplay clips for the past 8-9 months untill the release yesterday?

my last question is that do you(PS3 owners who have played MGS4)think that this game is the best looking PS3 game?(remeber it's just about the graphics )

You have to tell me what magical TV you are using to play this game (or what you are smoking) cause I don't see the graphical amazingless you speak of. 

The game looks great but I think games like call of duty 4, gears and even uncharted own it in graphics. 

Im playing with a 58 inch plasma on 1080p btw. I see lots of blury textures. Enemy animations suck (shoot a knee, enemy grabs his chest), there is slowdown and chugging everywhere, explosions suck, and while environment looks good, its not really destructable other than few windows.

And lighting sucks...everything is sunny and grey on the first act without any contrast, second act is more of the same just with grass instead of sand/asphalt.

That said, graphics do more than an adequate job but I think metal gear 3 blew me away more when i saw it few years back than this.

Where this game shines is facial animations...

Around the Network

I was thinking how great the graphics are at he install screen looking at Snake.

After playing through the game, I'd say it's the best graphics so far. I have played CoD4, Uncharted, Ratchet, Gears, etc. MGS4 is easily the best to me.

It's odd, because the rest of the game is so good you don't notice as much, I think.

@THe God Of War

are you in Act 3....

if you are then you'll know what I'm talking about

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

In terms of best PS3 graphics, it's a toss up between Uncharted and MGS4. The character models in MGS4 are big and detailed, some of the best I've ever seen.

After the MGO beta, I went in with low expectations, but the final game easily surpassed them. The first act is a bit above average, imo, but the second act is amazing! It's not as detailed as Uncharted, but it's far larger, and looks great throughout. There are loads more characters and animals running around in much larger environments than Uncharted, and the character models look great.

At first playthrough I must admit I wasnt impressed with the beginning acts of the game, but from act 3 and on was epic.

Now in my secound playthrough and I must say, its so much better, I also unlocked several items, its amazing to say the least.

mM