By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So how is Folklore? Should I get?

I really like a good Jrpg, and I totally forgot that PS3 had folklore. Is it any good? I'm Dling the demo now, but I just thought I'd get some opinions from people that had played the whole game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

It's really not a JRPG at all. It's more like an action/adventure Pokemon game in a dream-like haunting world.

The basic gameplay is solid with nothing really standing out as truly impressive except perhaps the Sixaxis tilt controls. A lot of people hated them, and a lot loved them. Personally, the Sixaxis controls, the story, and the atmosphere are what made this game an easy buy for me. The presentation is so stylish and well done.

Make sure you DL both demos (if both still exist) because one is more gameplay-driven and the other is way more story-driven. If you play both, you'll definitely know whether or not you want the game.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Well it is not really a JRPG. It is an action adventure game with some RPG elements that happens to be made by a Japanese company. You could extremely loosely call it a JRPG I suppose.

Anyway, I have only played the demo but it is really good.

Well it actually uses the sixaxis function perfectly....try the demo...that should help you make up your mind

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Vagabond, what did you think of the demo?

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

if you can get it for cheap, then yes

wouldn't recommend spending full price on it. Try the free demo on PSN first.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

folklore is superb, its not a jrpg, but certainly has rpg elements to it, its well worth it and has a unique look to it, collecting monsters is cool and has a lot of action, vastly underated in my opinion

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Well I've been seeing it used for 25 bucks, so I'll probably get it in a few weeks. Still haven't played the demo, I've got it DLed, but I've been playing MGS4.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

its a jrpg in the sense tha pokemon and jade cocoon are jrps. its worth a look for starved rpg ps3 fans but dont expect it to be like traditional jrpg style

I tried the demo and wasn't impressed at all.