By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So how is Folklore? Should I get?

I've only seen it (one of my son's games which I haven't tried) but it looked lovely, although I got impression it was much more about collecting and defeating various creatures (some of which looked amazing) a'la pokemon. Not sure about RPG elements.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Folklore is very well worth the money, but it's more like an Action-RPG game. a totally overlooked game. buy it.

It has a lot of awesomeness and cool stuff, but also hordes of gameplay problems.

Kinda like Shadow of the Colossus, but with less awesomeness.

Still good if you really like something about it, but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

Ever played Lost Kingdioms on the gamecube?

That's basically the gameplay system Folklore ripped their gameplay from.

It's a much better looking and easier Lost Kingdoms.

darthdevidem01 said:
Well it actually uses the sixaxis function perfectly....try the demo...that should help you make up your mind

I hated the motion controls in that game.  The regular id ripping was fine but the larger ids were got annoying really fast.  It was horrible in boss battles, which was sad because the boss battles were pretty well done otherwise.  Nothing takes away the pleasure of defeating a boss more than an annoying minigame right afterwards.

Still a fun game though.   I recommend it.

I give this thread a 9.6. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

@profcrab

really?? in the demo me n my friend enjoyed it a lot

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@profcrab

really?? in the demo me n my friend enjoyed it a lot

At first is is kind of cute.  Do it enough and it starts to get annoying.  I especially hate the "shake violently when red, don't shake when blue" variety.  The problem I have with it is that it is a minigame within a already decently designed game.  It breaks the flow of the game and looks feels like it was tacked on because Sony felt that every game had to use motion controls or it wasn't a PS3 game.  I don't hate hate motion controls, but I feel that they should be integrated and not reduced to minigames tacked on to games that don't need it.

I give that post a 9.5. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

It has the best use of motion controls of any ps3 game, and a really nice artstyle. However, the gameplay gets pretty repetitive after awhile. It becomes a button masher in a lot of ways, with the occasional annoyance of trying to figure out what Folk will break which crystal.

i think you should get the game, i beat it twice now and i liked how the controls worked, its without a doubt the best sixaxis controls yet, because most sixaxis controls are useless. story not that bad and i feel if you put the time in doing everything you will get some good play time out of it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

if you can get it cheap, go for it. its a pretty ok game. currently playing it and am now at chapter 5.

one comment though, when playing through to get to chapter 6, the game makes you replay the entire first 5 chapters without even finishing the game yet. you'll see what i mean....