By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 24 (2008), METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF PATRIOTS first week

I've requested weekly all formats chart from SIEA for Switzerland. Usually I wouldn't expect even a response, but SIEA have been more helpful than others in the past and were quite happy to reply with data I requested before, so you never know.

I also requested hardware LTDs, but maybe that's pushing it a little too much :D

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
I've requested weekly all formats chart from SIEA for Switzerland. Usually I wouldn't expect even a response, but SIEA have been more helpful than others in the past and were quite happy to reply with data I requested before, so you never know.

I also requested hardware LTDs, but maybe that's pushing it a little too much :D

IF it's a mean to obtain what we want, we could also do something for France charts. In the past, top 10 consoles (and by the end even the top 20) and top 10 PC were published on this online publication:

http://www.itrgames.com/

Apparently, you need to be a professional to receive the newsletter:

http://www.itrgames.com/articles/78841/nintendo-donne-lecon-cuisine.html

, and it's why the famous french top is a value top.

In the begin of 2007, they have stopped to published France charts, and it's why we have problems since this moment. Now, only a television channel (mcm) give the top 20 consoles, when they want (not in summer) with three weeks of delay, what was not the case when itrganes published the charts before. Since week 42 or something like that in 2007, the sell has published the top 5 consoles and pc with this time two weeks of delay (some weeks at the end of the year are missing, weeks 50 and 51 ....).

So, i don't know if you request good, but maybe you can try to do something with itrgames, sell or mcm, in the purpose to obtain more than we have actually.

lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:

IF it's a mean to obtain what we want, we could also do something for France charts. In the past, top 10 consoles (and by the end even the top 20) and top 10 PC were published on this online publication:

http://www.itrgames.com/

Apparently, you need to be a professional to receive the newsletter:

http://www.itrgames.com/articles/78841/nintendo-donne-lecon-cuisine.html

, and it's why the famous french top is a value top.

In the begin of 2007, they have stopped to published France charts, and it's why we have problems since this moment. Now, only a television channel (mcm) give the top 20 consoles, when they want (not in summer) with three weeks of delay, what was not the case when itrganes published the charts before. Since week 42 or something like that in 2007, the sell has published the top 5 consoles and pc with this time two weeks of delay (some weeks at the end of the year are missing, weeks 50 and 51 ....).

So, i don't know if you request good, but maybe you can try to do something with itrgames, sell or mcm, in the purpose to obtain more than we have actually.

Thanks for your explanation Lombard.

I used to watch MCM when I lived in Europe, but that's going back maybe ten years ago. They have a video game show on it now? Funny that I also watch another French music channel now; Trace TV.

It might be a good idea to try contacting the companies you suggested, but my French is terrible and I think the likelihood of success would be even lower if I asked them in English.

Still, if MCM can't get upto date charts I doubt that we can. The best you can hope for is the delayed charts that MCM gets. I'd try contacting MCM and asking for whoever produces the show the charts are usually shown on.

Contact MCM

@BKK2

Previously, i already write to mcm about the two versions of Rainbow six vegas 2, because i find the top strange during the first week of the game. I never had an answer. So, i must request bad.

On this channel, the program with the top 20 is "le hit des jeux":

http://www.mcm.net/programmes/les-hits/

I have not this channel, so can't see him. The program will not be on tv until the end of August. I think we can't do nothing about that. For the delay, i don't understand why, so we could tel us the question when the program will be back at the end of August.

But, what i suggest in my precedent can be to obtain more from the sell, if it's possible (top 10 better than top 5 for example), or obtain from itrgames what they do before, but maybe mcm has a deal with these charts which make that itrgames, can't not more published these charts. I search about that, because it remember something to me.

For GFK, i find this page:

http://panelsculture.gfk.fr/Default.aspx

At the end of the page, i had try to obtain data about GTA 4, with my email adress. I'm curious to see what they will answer me, if they answer me.

Strange what i find:

http://fr.tv.yahoo.com/programme-tv/mcm/2008-05-17/10-10/

"MCM dévoile chaque semaine et en exclusivité le classement officiel des meilleures ventes de jeux vidéo en France. Ce classement est réalisé par l'institut GFK pour le SELL (Syndicat des Editeurs de Logiciels de Loisirs). Produit par Game Prod, " Le hit des jeux " propose les 30 meilleures ventes de jeux vidéo de la semaine, toutes consoles confondues et les 10 meilleures ventes PC."

If this is true, it's not the top 20 which is announced, but the top 30 (i ask the question to marchiavel at gamekult). And they give the top 10 PC (what interest me). And mcm had the exclusiveness of that (so it can explain what itrgames don't published now, and maybe what the sell only published the top 5), which maybe is good for mcm, but not for us because they take vacations during summer.

Around the Network

i think it has a shot to be number 1 again this week

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Italy charts:

http://www.forumeye.it/invision/index.php?showtopic=439975&st=180&start=180

ITALIA
Week 24 - 09-15 Giugno 2008

01 Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of Patriot PS3 100
02 Cooking Mama 2 DS 15,43
03 GTA IV PS3 11,51
04 UEFA Euro 2008 PS2 10,48
05 Brain Training DS 10,38
06 Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit PS3 9,75
07 Giulia Passione Baby Sitter DS 9,11
08 Ninja Gaiden 2 360 8,88
09 Training Di Matematica DS 8,07
10 Nintendogs Labrador DS 7,57
11 Mario & Sonic Ai Giochi Olimpici DS 7,56
12 Wii Play WII 7,42%
13 Cooking Mama DS 7,35%
14 More Brain Training DS 6,85
15 Pokemon Diamante DS 6,68

Fonte: GFK

Italy charts with right percentages:

Non available this week, but the changes which normally must be done are for wii play and more brain training. Changes which are done in the numbers of prosugno, with the explanations. First numbers are according to the percentage above, and final numbers must be according to the right percentage we don't have, and come from the fact these two games have two sku, which are charted as two differents games.

Numbers of prosugno:

Italy, week ended June 15
01 Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of Patriot (PS3) [43.100] [shipped 95.000]
02 Cooking Mama 2 (DS) [6.650]
03 GTA IV (PS3) [4.950]
04 UEFA Euro 2008 (PS2) [4.550]
Brain Training (DS) [4.500]
06 Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (PS3) [4.200]
Giulia Passione Baby Sitter (DS) [3.950]
08 Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) [3.850]
Wii Play (WII) [3.500]
Training Di Matematica (DS) [3.450]
11 More Brain Training (DS) [3.300]
12 Nintendogs Labrador (DS) [3.250]
13 Mario & Sonic Ai Giochi Olimpici (DS) [3.250]
14 Cooking Mama (DS) [3.150]
15 Pokemon Diamante (DS) [2.950]
16 Mario Kart + Wii Wheel (WII) [2.850]
Giulia Passione Stilista (DS) [2.800]
18 GTA IV (360) [2.750]
19 Mario Kart (DS) [2.700]
Giulia Passione Cucina (DS) [2.550]

Wii Play (WII) [3.200]
Wii Play (WII) [300]

More Brain Training (DS) [2.950]
More Brain Training (DS) [350]
www.gfk.it

Charts from Nielsen:

http://www.multiplayer.it/notizia.php?id=56346

TOP 10 All Formats
  1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
  2. Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends (DS)
  3. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
  4. Brain Training del Dr. Kawashima (DS)
  5. Wii Play (Wii)
  6. Dragonball Z Burst Limit (PS3)
  7. Giulia Passione Baby Sitter (DS)
  8. Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360)
  9. UEFA Euro 2008 (PS2)
  10. Mario & Sonic alle Olimpiadi (DS)
    Top 10 PC
  1. World of Warcraft Game Card
  2. The Sims 2 Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff
  3. Assassin's Creed
  4. Imperium Civitas 2
  5. Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
  6. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe
  7. The Sims 2 Free Time
  8. UEFA Euro 2008
  9. Mass Effect
  10. Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare
    TOP 10 PS2
  1. UEFA Euro 2008
  2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
  3. Moto GP 07
  4. FIFA 08
  5. Need for Speed Pro Street Platinum
  6. Lego Indiana Jones
  7. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Platinum
  8. I Simpson
  9. FIFA 08
  10. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
    TOP 10 PS3
  1. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. Dragonball Burst Limit
  4. Race Driver: Grid
  5. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
  6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
  7. UEFA Euro 2008
  8. Haze
  9. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  10. Lego Indiana Jones
    TOP 10 Wii
  1. Wii Play
  2. Mario Kart con Wii Wheel
  3. Wii Sports Island
  4. Super Mario Galaxy
  5. Mario & Sonic alle Olimpiadi
  6. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
  7. Need for Speed Pro Street Platinum
  8. Mario Party 8
  9. Big Brain Academy
  10. Cooking Mama
    TOP 10 Xbox 360
  1. Ninja Gaiden II
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. Dragonball Z Burst Limit
  4. Race Driver: GRID
  5. Civilization Revolution
  6. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
  7. UEFA Euro 2008
  8. Assassin's Creed
  9. FIFA 08
  10. Lego Indiana Jones
    TOP 10 DS
  1. Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
  2. Brain Training del Dr. Kawashima
  3. Giulia Passione Baby Sitter
  4. Mario & Sonic alle Olimpiadi
  5. Training di Matematica del prof. Kageyama
  6. Cooking Mama
  7. More Brain Training del Dr. Kawashima
  8. More Brain Training del Dr. Kawashima
  9. Pokemon Diamante
  10. New Super Mario Bros
    TOP 10 PSP
  1. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
  2. UEFA Euro 2008
  3. Need for Speed Pro Street
  4. FIFA 08 Platinum
  5. The Simpsons
  6. God of War: Chains of Olympus
  7. LEGO Indiana Jones
  8. FIFA 08
  9. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes
  10. Ratchet & Clank: L'Altezza Non Conta Platinum
    Classifica Hardware:
  1. Nintendo DS
  2. Wii
  3. PSP
  4. PlayStation 3
  5. PlayStation 2
  6. Xbox 360

I estimate Italian MGS4 first week sales of around 30k.

So xbox360 GTAIV version is out of top 15 in Italy charts?

30k would put MGS4 attach rate at 6% compared to around 9% for first week in UK.
It would also made MGS4 only 4th best-selling PS3 game(in first week), just below GT5P and way below PES2008 and GTAIV.