By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 24 (2008), METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF PATRIOTS first week

shanbcn said:
So xbox360 GTAIV version is out of top 15 in Italy charts?

Yes was rank 9 last week, and now out of the top 15.

Around the Network
kamil said:
30k would put MGS4 attach rate at 6% compared to around 9% for first week in UK.
It would also made MGS4 only 4th best-selling PS3 game(in first week), just below GT5P and way below PES2008 and GTAIV.

30k would be similar to GT5:P, which was also the case in UK. It's expected for GTA IV & PES to be far bigger than MGS4 in Italy.

My 30k estimate is based on CM2, it usually sells around 4k/week, but last week it sold a little higher than usual at around 5k. If CM2 sold between those this week at 4.5k MGS4 will be at 30k. Maybe CM2 sold even more this week than last week, but it's pretty consistent so I don't think it will change too much. I'm expecting 25k-35k when Prosugno posts the numbers.

Prosugno posted data in his thread. After all MGS4' debut turned out better than previously thought.

Italy, week ended June 15
01 Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of Patriot (PS3) [43.100] [shipped 95.000]
02 Cooking Mama 2 (DS) [6.650]
03 GTA IV (PS3) [4.950]
04 UEFA Euro 2008 (PS2) [4.550]
05 Brain Training (DS) [4.500]
06 Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (PS3) [4.200]
07 Giulia Passione Baby Sitter (DS) [3.950]
08 Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) [3.850]
09 Wii Play (WII) [3.500]
10 Training Di Matematica (DS) [3.450]
11 More Brain Training (DS) [3.300]
12 Nintendogs Labrador (DS) [3.250]
13 Mario & Sonic Ai Giochi Olimpici (DS) [3.250]
14 Cooking Mama (DS) [3.150]
15 Pokemon Diamante (DS) [2.950]
16 Mario Kart + Wii Wheel (WII) [2.850]
17 Giulia Passione Stilista (DS) [2.800]
18 GTA IV (360) [2.750]
19 Mario Kart (DS) [2.700]
20 Giulia Passione Cucina (DS) [2.550]

That's great for MGS4, quite a bit higher than I was expecting. That's over 1/3 of UK sales, which is a bigger ratio than usual for Italy.

A good week all around for Italy, CM2 went up a lot, looks like I won't be able to use that as an accurate barometer anymore.

BKK2 said:
I've requested weekly all formats chart from SIEA for Switzerland. Usually I wouldn't expect even a response, but SIEA have been more helpful than others in the past and were quite happy to reply with data I requested before, so you never know.

I also requested hardware LTDs, but maybe that's pushing it a little too much :D

Unfortunately they're not going to publish a weekly all formats chart as they say this would delay the release. They will continue to publish the quarterly all formats Top 30 though, so that will go in Week 26 once they publish that.

He also said that they will make sure installed base is included in the next quarterly release, so I did get one result atleast. :)

Thanks to Peter Zuger at SIEA.

Around the Network

I think MGS 4 has good sales this week : that's the end of the exams , a lot of pupils will sell it and there was not the launch in Spain the last week. Then there is 7 days, instead of 2 last week.

I would say 250 000 this week.

France:

TOP 5 CONSOLES

Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots
PS3
Konami
Mario Kart Wii + volant
Wii
Nintendo
GTA IV
PS3
Take2
Wii Fit + Balance Board
Wii
Nintendo
Wii Play + Télécommande
Wii
Nintendo

TOP 5 PC

Age of Conan
Eidos
Mass Effect
Electronic Arts
Race Driver Grid
Codemasters
Assassin’s Creed
Ubisoft
Call of duty 4 : Modern Warfare
Activision

Wii not being #1 confused SELL, they have MGS4 as being a Wii title ...

BKK2 said:

Wii not being #1 confused SELL, they have MGS4 as being a Wii title ...

OK.

http://www.sell.fr/spip.php?article57

Last week, they were already a problem with what was write for the first title in the top 5 consoles. So GTA 4 on 360 out of the top 5. Certainly, he is always in the top 10, or better, #6 or #7.

I am not happy, we don't have the top 20. ..............

How are you doing for modify what was write in their Image?

Edit: I have found, OK.

GTA IV (PS3) doing really good in France. The only other country where it was still as high in 24th week is Italy. And France isn't actually PS3 strongest market.