By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Connecting to MGS4 online Problem

Yeah MGS4 is pure genius except for the whole muliple ID thing. If MGO wasn't so much fun (IMO) i wouldn't have dealt with it, I hope this doesn't mess up the whole XMB invites thing :l

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Dogs Rule said:
You mean I can't just play normally with my regular PSN screenname? I have to jump through a bunch of hoops?

Shite!

Exactly what I was thinking. Can someone explain this system to me? I don't plan on playing MGO for awhile. I want to finish the campaign first.

I'm not defending this; just trying to help.

The 2 ID system has a purpose

Game ID: Server Login (Konami supports the servers completly)

Konami ID: MGO store (for hardcore people who want to buy things for their characters) example: new voice packs or possibly gear in the future.

Granted they could of used PS Store and the PSN but who knows; the online game has been nicely refined sense beta; no lag at all so far.

If anyone wants to play MGO my char is Ssyn 

You know, Dno, just because something only takes five minutes, doesn't make it a good idea. It's a terrible, terrible idea. There are no gains whatsoever to this system, and it seems like a fairly painful process.

The point is, is that there was already an adequate (and better) system avaliable for Konami to use, but no, they have to use their own, complicated system.

If Konami did this for any reason other than to annoy it's users, then he/she needs to get themselves some better technicians. Stat. (I'm free, if they want it).