By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Connecting to MGS4 online Problem

rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:
It took 5 minutes to get a konami ID and the system 'remembers' it...not a big deal really.

Thank you ... you have sense.....its not a big deal... anything to down Sony and the greatness that is MGS4 online.

Or they could have just used our PSN IDs and been done with it.

Why do people feel the need to defend bad ideas? 

just because its bad to you (even tho u have never used it) doesnt mean its bad to everyone. Would i rather save 5 mins and not sign up? yes....but is 5 mins gonna kill you? nope. its not that bad, the game is one ofthe best this gen and 5 mins is shorter then the install times of the game. so why even say anything bad about it?

Around the Network
nextgreatchamp said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:
It took 5 minutes to get a konami ID and the system 'remembers' it...not a big deal really.

Thank you ... you have sense.....its not a big deal... anything to down Sony and the greatness that is MGS4 online.

its called fanboyism

Yup ima fanboy but im playing online for free...... and all i have to do is spend 5 mins of my time.

So does this system mean that PSN friends lists are out of the question? Does it mean that I can't invite friends into games without knowing their Konami/game/bullshit ID?

It'll be a couple hours till I can try this out myself, or maybe tomorrow.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

rocketpig said:
Spire_VII said:
i'm using the link provided by Arcturus to do the registration stuff and it's asking me to input a password for my game id. I do and it sends me back to the form saying "Your Password must be a combination of alphanumeric characters of 8-32 characters in length." So i input a password consisting soley of lower cased alphabet characters and then it tells me that "Only number (0-9) can be used as GAME ID password characters.Please don't use alphabet characters and symbols." So i input a password consisting only of numbers but then it tells me " Your Password must be a combination of alphanumeric characters of 8-32 characters in length." So it's just an endless loop of bullshit and i can't complete regristration

The password fields were giving me shit, too. I ended up just using part of my phone number and that finally worked on the third try. Dunno WTF that was all about.

i've tried countless times and still doesn't work. This is pissing me off so much

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Dogs Rule said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

Thank you... you have sense... it would have been so easy for them to use the existing infrastructure.

Oh and I have never tried to "down SONY" in my life. My neat launch PS2, near-launch PS3, 2nd 40GB PS3 and my PSP can attest to that. I just don't like more companies (that are outside of my jurisdiction) then is necessary to gather information about me, do who knows what with it and risk loosing it.

Also, I received an email last week from EA customer service, because I had played the Bad Company demo. So PSN obviously allows information sharing with its authorized partners. Why is that information sharing not enough for Konami? What more are they gaining from me double registrating? 

Then stop bitching and dont sign up...they dont ask you for your S.S. number.........

Around the Network
Spire_VII said:

I'm trying to connect online to play MGS4 online, the problem however is when i have to create that ID & password for the game itself (why? wtf?). That Konami web browser thing pops up and you have to scroll down & click the arrow to continue to register. However i get a pop-up saying you have to close that browser in order to continue. So i do that and the game & the system itself locks up. I've tried this 6 times, i've also tried saying no to the prompt and it reverts me back to the previous screen. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just launch day issues?

anyway on topic.

this sucks that your having problems but i know a lot of people who havent mab just wait a while.

Dno said:
Dogs Rule said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

Thank you... you have sense... it would have been so easy for them to use the existing infrastructure.

Oh and I have never tried to "down SONY" in my life. My neat launch PS2, near-launch PS3, 2nd 40GB PS3 and my PSP can attest to that. I just don't like more companies (that are outside of my jurisdiction) then is necessary to gather information about me, do who knows what with it and risk loosing it.

Also, I received an email last week from EA customer service, because I had played the Bad Company demo. So PSN obviously allows information sharing with its authorized partners. Why is that information sharing not enough for Konami? What more are they gaining from me double registrating? 

Then stop bitching and dont sign up...they dont ask you for your S.S. number.........

If a person pays $60 for a game then they have a right to bitch 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

just because its bad to you (even tho u have never used it) doesnt mean its bad to everyone. Would i rather save 5 mins and not sign up? yes....but is 5 mins gonna kill you? nope. its not that bad, the game is one ofthe best this gen and 5 mins is shorter then the install times of the game. so why even say anything bad about it?

The actual game and the online game are different. I have played some games where i only wanted to play online and other games where i loved the game and really didn't care too much about the online. I dont think anyone will actually say anything bad about the story mode, i wouldn't, but i have played better online shooters than this. hopefully they will let us download some type of update version that will improve some of the minor problems that is has.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

Dno said:
Dogs Rule said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

Dno, defender of bad ideas!

Seriously, what rationale can you give us for this asinine system? We already have PSN IDs. The idea that people are gaming under different screennames is confusing and unnecessary. The framework is already there in the PSN, there is absolutely no reason to mess with that, especially once Sony gets in-game XMB and access to a unified friends list up and running.

All Konami is doing here is mucking up a system that was finally nearing XBL in quality and ease-of-use. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

No, it's a bad idea. It's unnecessary because no other game uses it. Plenty of other games are getting along fine with just the PSN. It causes confusion with multiple logins and multiple screennames. In short, it's bullshit.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/