By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Connecting to MGS4 online Problem

Hapimeses said:
rocketpig said:
That's bullshit. Sony should have nixed that bad idea right off the bat.

I completely agree.

While I'm here, I'll add that if anyone finds somewhere decent I can complain about this, I'll go join the queue.

Really, what's the point of a unified PSN ID if it isn't used?

Yep. One has to wonder how this will affect things like in-game XMB and the unified friends list when it releases.

This is actually pretty shocking to me. The level of stupidity that allowed something like this to come about is unfathomable. It's almost like Konami is trying to Wii-fy Sony's PSN. Lame. Someone at Sony should have told Kojima Productions to shove it when approached with that idea. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

It took 5 minutes to get a konami ID and the system 'remembers' it...not a big deal really.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

I'll let it slide this one time, but if it becomes a trend where I have to give each developer a bunch of personal information to play games, I may just stick to my current line-up of online games.

MGO is very confusing. i didnt have a problem registering but i didnt think it had a point. it was a hassle and trying getting into a lobby is even worse. I would join a lobby and i didnt have a clue on what type of match it was, whether it was free for all, team deathmatch, domination, etc. etc., it was all very confusing but i guess since i was only on for 3 hours it might be too soon to judge.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

GodofWine said:
It took 5 minutes to get a konami ID and the system 'remembers' it...not a big deal really.

Thank you ... you have sense.....its not a big deal... anything to down Sony and the greatness that is MGS4 online.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
Can you create an ID using a web browser on your PC? I believe that we were able to do it this way for the beta release.

I checked the Konami website but couldn't find anything regarding aqcuiring a screenname for MGS4. Has anyone else looked?

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Dno said:
GodofWine said:

Thank you ... you have sense.....its not a big deal... anything to down Sony and the greatness that is MGS4 online.

Or they could have just used our PSN IDs and been done with it.

Why do people feel the need to defend bad ideas? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

its called fanboyism

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

I completely agree. I'm not down on Sony by any stretch of the imagination, and I certainly don't wish to denigrate MGO, a game I greatly enjoy; however, the two IDs is a pain in the arse when the PSN would have done the job better -- much better.

In short: why should I have to sign up to two whole new IDs, some of which require personal details, when all the required information is already tied to my PSN?

Really, for those wishing to defend this, why do we have to do this?

rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

Thank you... you have sense... it would have been so easy for them to use the existing infrastructure.

Oh and I have never tried to "down SONY" in my life. My neat launch PS2, near-launch PS3, 2nd 40GB PS3 and my PSP can attest to that. I just don't like more companies (that are outside of my jurisdiction) then is necessary to gather information about me, do who knows what with it and risk loosing it.

Also, I received an email last week from EA customer service, because I had played the Bad Company demo. So PSN obviously allows information sharing with its authorized partners. Why is that information sharing not enough for Konami? What more are they gaining from me double registrating?