By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Connecting to MGS4 online Problem

rocketpig said:
Dno said:
Dogs Rule said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:
It took 5 minutes to get a konami ID and the system 'remembers' it...not a big deal really.

Thank you ... you have sense.....its not a big deal... anything to down Sony and the greatness that is MGS4 online.

Or they could have just used our PSN IDs and been done with it.

Why do people feel the need to defend bad ideas?

Thank you... you have sense... it would have been so easy for them to use the existing infrastructure.

Oh and I have never tried to "down SONY" in my life. My neat launch PS2, near-launch PS3, 2nd 40GB PS3 and my PSP can attest to that. I just don't like more companies (that are outside of my jurisdiction) then is necessary to gather information about me, do who knows what with it and risk loosing it.

Also, I received an email last week from EA customer service, because I had played the Bad Company demo. So PSN obviously allows information sharing with its authorized partners. Why is that information sharing not enough for Konami? What more are they gaining from me double registrating?

Then stop bitching and dont sign up...they dont ask you for your S.S. number.........

Dno, defender of bad ideas!

Seriously, what rationale can you give us for this asinine system? We already have PSN IDs. The idea that people are gaming under different screennames is confusing and unnecessary. The framework is already there in the PSN, there is absolutely no reason to mess with that, especially once Sony gets in-game XMB and access to a unified friends list up and running. 

Rocketpig, So busy that he cant spend 5 mins to sign up.

Im not trying to defend anything. you trolled on somethin that had nuthin to do with the post and i answered it. its 5 mins. i dont understand why people are mad about 5 mins lol.....i guess im crazy. I dont think having to sign up is that bad. making a new ID sucks but who really cares...if it bothers you dont do it. simple

Around the Network

To be fair to RocketPig, I started the trolling about the registering requirement.

rocketpig said:
Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:
It took 5 minutes to get a konami ID and the system 'remembers' it...not a big deal really.

Thank you ... you have sense.....its not a big deal... anything to down Sony and the greatness that is MGS4 online.

just because its bad to you (even tho u have never used it) doesnt mean its bad to everyone. Would i rather save 5 mins and not sign up? yes....but is 5 mins gonna kill you? nope. its not that bad, the game is one ofthe best this gen and 5 mins is shorter then the install times of the game. so why even say anything bad about it?

No, it's a bad idea. It's unnecessary because no other game uses it. Plenty of other games are getting along fine with just the PSN. It causes confusion with multiple logins and multiple screennames. In short, it's bullshit.

i dont think its that bad.... in short your complaining about absolutely nuthin.

BUT the OP has a problem that you didnt even talk about lol. i think thats trolling

You're right. I have no right to bitch about a $60 game I just bought that screws with a system that was just fine before it arrived.

Great approach. Nice job calling me a troll, BTW. My first post was a legitimate question involving how this sign-up thing works. Others were bitching about it before me.

But you keep on rockin' your defense of Konami over this one. It appears that I'm in the majority with the "WTF Konami" attitude.

And I love how you keep bringing up five minutes as if that was even part of my argument against this... 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Dno said:
GodofWine said:

just because its bad to you (even tho u have never used it) doesnt mean its bad to everyone. Would i rather save 5 mins and not sign up? yes....but is 5 mins gonna kill you? nope. its not that bad, the game is one ofthe best this gen and 5 mins is shorter then the install times of the game. so why even say anything bad about it?

No, it's a bad idea. It's unnecessary because no other game uses it. Plenty of other games are getting along fine with just the PSN. It causes confusion with multiple logins and multiple screennames. In short, it's bullshit.

i dont think its that bad.... in short your complaining about absolutely nuthin.

BUT the OP has a problem that you didnt even talk about lol. i think thats trolling

I didn't talk about it because when I clicked into this thread, I knew absolutely nothing about this Konami ID thing.

Since then, I've read into it and signed up. I ran into a bit of the same problem, mentioned it to the OP, but couldn't help him past that point.

Speaking of which, did you help the OP? Oh wait, you didn't. By the time you actually got around to answering his question (after five SDF rebuttals to those of us complaining), I had already looked around Konami's site, signed up for Konami iD, logged in, received a verification email, and mentioned that I had the same problem he did and to keep trying.

Around the Network

i think we all need to take one deep breath and take it out on each other on MGO.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing:

I'll definitely find time for this game during the weekend. I didn't plan on it originally but now my curiosity is piqued.

It is kind of bullshit, I agree. Luckily I have all this done already because I was in the beta, so I don't have to worry about it. REGISTER ON YOUR PC THOUGH. You will have a lot less headaches. Just go at a non-peak time or wait a couple days and you should be fine.

MGO is worth it for sure though, and I say that after having jumped through all the bullshit that was required to get into the MGO beta which I promise was a lot worse than just getting the Konami ID and Game ID, which was really the easiest part. 

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Spire_VII said:
rocketpig said:
Spire_VII said:
i'm using the link provided by Arcturus to do the registration stuff and it's asking me to input a password for my game id. I do and it sends me back to the form saying "Your Password must be a combination of alphanumeric characters of 8-32 characters in length." So i input a password consisting soley of lower cased alphabet characters and then it tells me that "Only number (0-9) can be used as GAME ID password characters.Please don't use alphabet characters and symbols." So i input a password consisting only of numbers but then it tells me " Your Password must be a combination of alphanumeric characters of 8-32 characters in length." So it's just an endless loop of bullshit and i can't complete regristration

The password fields were giving me shit, too. I ended up just using part of my phone number and that finally worked on the third try. Dunno WTF that was all about.

i've tried countless times and still doesn't work. This is pissing me off so much

The password for your Konami ID is the one that is supposed to be 8-digit alphanumeric.

For your Game ID a 4-digit numeral should be fine.  That is what I used.

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

i tried the Konami website again, this time all i'm getting back is that the website doesn't like the passwords i'm choosing for the Konami ID, the site states " Your Password must be a combination of alphanumeric characters of 8-32 characters in length." I'm choosing 8 lettered words for the password and i tried 5 times but no success.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII