By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else thinks that Final Fantasy XIII will get a perfect 10 from ign?

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
what's the highest score a Final fantasy has ever had, as far as i am concern, we knew few things about this game to claim it will get a ten, unless you think IGN gives 10 to really hyped PS3 games.

92.767 is the highest on gamerankings. It is also the highest rated jrpg.  I don't know about ign though.

Which FF was that? VII? @ctk I think KH1 is better too but a 7.8 is harsh =/
IX, VII was a few tenths away from it.@ a 92.435

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
what's the highest score a Final fantasy has ever had, as far as i am concern, we knew few things about this game to claim it will get a ten, unless you think IGN gives 10 to really hyped PS3 games.

92.767 is the highest on gamerankings. It is also the highest rated jrpg.  I don't know about ign though.

edit, already answered.

i WOULD LOVE TO SEE A 10, BUT I CANT ASSUME YET/.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
ToastyJaguar said:
it's impossible to say at the moment. If it's good it will get a 10, simple as that.

10 would imply it being perfect

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:

OMG. Seriously? That's great! :D IX is the best FF. I didn't think it'd be rated so high :O
Ix is good, but you know VI is the best. You probably didn't play it though. I think I should replay IX. The last time I played it was a year ago.

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
what's the highest score a Final fantasy has ever had, as far as i am concern, we knew few things about this game to claim it will get a ten, unless you think IGN gives 10 to really hyped PS3 games.

92.767 is the highest on gamerankings. It is also the highest rated jrpg. I don't know about ign though.

Yep I was sad when I read the review at ign that day the same happend with NMH those games atleast deserve a 8.

Around the Network
brute said:
ToastyJaguar said:
it's impossible to say at the moment. If it's good it will get a 10, simple as that.

10 would imply it being perfect

Game reviews don't work like that.  10 has never meant perfect, just cream of the crop.  Game design, or any form creative endeavor isn't like athletic performance.

ctk495 said:
Since both GTA4 and MGS4 got a perfect 10 I guess that the same will happen with FFXIII.

Huh? I fail to see the connection between FFXIII and GTA4/MGS4. They are not of the same genre, exclusive to only one system, or similar in any significant way. So, what exactly is the point of the comarison. The only connection I could see is that they are very hyped HD games, which, of course, is also of little significance.

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:

OMG. Seriously? That's great! :D IX is the best FF. I didn't think it'd be rated so high :O
Ix is good, but you know VI is the best. You probably didn't play it though. I think I should replay IX. The last time I played it was a year ago.

I have to play VI...after all the PS1 RPGs though :P I'll form my opinion then but I think IX might still be my favorite...meh. FF needs to cut loose on the "techy" stuff and go back to mostly fantasy. Btw, they need to put in Kefka as an optional boss in KH3! Seeing Sephiroth and Kefka in the same game would be EPIC. I'd also like a fight seen between them lol.
Yeah then it could be a hint for a VI remake for the wii since we all know KH3 is going to go to the wii(don't flame me people who want it on ps3). I also agree that we need another fantasy based FF.

pearljammer said:
ctk495 said:
Since both GTA4 and MGS4 got a perfect 10 I guess that the same will happen with FFXIII.

Huh? I fail to see the connection between FFXIII and GTA4/MGS4. They are not of the same genre, exclusive to only one system, or similar in any significant way. So, what exactly is the point of the comarison. The only connection I could see is that they are very hyped HD games, which, of course, is also of little significance.

He saying since most games this gen are getting 10s, will this also be the case for FFXIII.

pearljammer said:
ctk495 said:

That was the connection they are the most hyped HD games of this year or maybe the whole gen.