By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else thinks that Final Fantasy XIII will get a perfect 10 from ign?

sc94597 said:
pearljammer said:
ctk495 said:
Since both GTA4 and MGS4 got a perfect 10 I guess that the same will happen with FFXIII.

Huh? I fail to see the connection between FFXIII and GTA4/MGS4. They are not of the same genre, exclusive to only one system, or similar in any significant way. So, what exactly is the point of the comarison. The only connection I could see is that they are very hyped HD games, which, of course, is also of little significance.

He saying since most games this gen are getting 10s, will this also be the case for FFXIII.

how many games has ign given 10  this gen?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
pearljammer said:
ctk495 said:
Since both GTA4 and MGS4 got a perfect 10 I guess that the same will happen with FFXIII.

Huh? I fail to see the connection between FFXIII and GTA4/MGS4. They are not of the same genre, exclusive to only one system, or similar in any significant way. So, what exactly is the point of the comarison. The only connection I could see is that they are very hyped HD games, which, of course, is also of little significance.

He saying since most games this gen are getting 10s, will this also be the case for FFXIII.

how many games has ign given 10  this gen?

2, but I believe they haven't given a game a 10 last gen? or It was early that generation. This gen isn't even half way over and they gave two perfect 10s. 

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
what's the highest score a Final fantasy has ever had, as far as i am concern, we knew few things about this game to claim it will get a ten, unless you think IGN gives 10 to really hyped PS3 games.

92.767 is the highest on gamerankings. It is also the highest rated jrpg.  I don't know about ign though.

Which FF was that? VII? @ctk I think KH1 is better too but a 7.8 is harsh =/
IX, VII was a few tenths away from it.@ a 92.435

OMG. Seriously? That's great! :D IX is the best FF. I didn't think it'd be rated so high :O
Ix is good, but you know VI is the best. You probably didn't play it though. I think I should replay IX. The last time I played it was a year ago.

I have to play VI...after all the PS1 RPGs though :P I'll form my opinion then but I think IX might still be my favorite...meh. FF needs to cut loose on the "techy" stuff and go back to mostly fantasy. Btw, they need to put in Kefka as an optional boss in KH3! Seeing Sephiroth and Kefka in the same game would be EPIC. I'd also like a fight seen between them lol.
Yeah then it could be a hint for a VI remake for the wii since we all know KH3 is going to go to the wii(don't flame me people who want it on ps3).

Haha, Kefka and Sephiroth would be the ultimate fanboy showdown. KH needs moar Zidane and Kuja as well.

It would bring back the rebirth of the long fanboy debate on VI vs VII. Agreed and maybe some more vivi too.

Edit: They shouldn't make kefka talk. Just let him laugh. He could use text for speech. 

sc94597 said:
No, jrpgs aren't usually rated high.

IGN gave FF12 a 95.

FF12.

Big hype RPGs always score high. I'm not sure FF has every received below a 90 from a big website.

Me... i'd like to see some gameplay before i decide what score a game will get.

It depends how deafening the hype level is. If the hype is enormous and the game is even only average all said, it will score no lower than 9.5 on IGN. IF any of these gamesites submits to hype, it's them.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
what's the highest score a Final fantasy has ever had, as far as i am concern, we knew few things about this game to claim it will get a ten, unless you think IGN gives 10 to really hyped PS3 games.

92.767 is the highest on gamerankings. It is also the highest rated jrpg. I don't know about ign though.

Which FF was that? VII? @ctk I think KH1 is better too but a 7.8 is harsh =/
IX, VII was a few tenths away from it.@ a 92.435

OMG. Seriously? That's great! :D IX is the best FF. I didn't think it'd be rated so high :O
Ix is good, but you know VI is the best. You probably didn't play it though. I think I should replay IX. The last time I played it was a year ago.

I have to play VI...after all the PS1 RPGs though :P I'll form my opinion then but I think IX might still be my favorite...meh. FF needs to cut loose on the "techy" stuff and go back to mostly fantasy. Btw, they need to put in Kefka as an optional boss in KH3! Seeing Sephiroth and Kefka in the same game would be EPIC. I'd also like a fight seen between them lol.

For what it's worth IGN has FF6 as the second best FF of all time.

I know what your thinking... but the best FF of all time according to IGN is actually FF4.

You'll want to play FF4.

Also Chrono Trigger.  IGN's "Best RPG of all time"

As such.... considering FF7 has been best described as FF7 but cloud is a girl...

It will really need to impress.  FF7 afterall didn't even get a 100 from IGN.

Still i'm interested in seeing this new system FF13 has. 

HAHAHA. Unless S-E pulls something truly ground breaking, it's not going to happen. IGN may be losing credibility by the day, but just because 2 10's came out in less than 6 months doesn't mean the flood gates are open.

I'd say around 9.4-9.6 would be where FF13 sits, if it still has the quality of the rest of the franchise.

They gave Final Fantasy XII, X-2, X and VII 9.5. IX got 9.2 and VIII got 9. So I am expecting somewhere above 9 at least as it looks like the majority of the games do score above 9. I don't think it will get a 10. Possible. It could get really close. But I don't think it will.

I feel worried about the new gameplay FF 13 has. FF 12 got me turned off with the gameplay and settings looking so uninteresting. All I can wonder about FF 12 was... who the fuck deformed his nose?

IGN US predictions. (The only IGN that matters) 

9.4 out of 10 for FF XIII
10 out of 10 for GT 5 (I love racer games)