By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy IV DS Preview on Gametrailers - Much More Than a Port

darthdevidem01 said:
THis was my FIRST Final Fantasy.....back when I was 4 years old.

I really hope S-E make a FF6 remake on the Wii with FF10 like grfx....that would be a dream!

Good call, that would be awesome.

FFIV is my favorite though, and I'm definitely buying this.  

I always open the battle with the last boss by throwing the Spoon at him.  9999, bitch. 

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Final Fantasy IV was my first Final Fantasy - it has a lot of nostalgic value for me. The first really big trailer, with Kain attacking Golbez, nearly made me have an aneurysm.

Definite day one purchase.

I have to wonder, though, whether or not the next few remakes might be on the Wii rather than the DS. I'll be buying them either way - I just wonder how S-E is going to try to pull this off.

What trailer is that?  I want to almost have an aneurysm.

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
Talking about FFVI..How awesome would it be that SE announces at E3 that FFV and FFVI will have a remake for the Wii?

I don't care that much about V, but I would love a VI remake on any platform. The main reason VI needs a remake is there's never been a "perfect" version of FFVI. The SNES version had a bunch of translation issues, and the GBA version had lower quality audio. We need one with both the perfect translation and audio.

I agree.  I don't care much about FFV but a FFVI remake would be a day one purchase for me

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
Talking about FFVI..How awesome would it be that SE announces at E3 that FFV and FFVI will have a remake for the Wii?

I don't care that much about V, but I would love a VI remake on any platform.  The main reason VI needs a remake is there's never been a "perfect" version of FFVI.  The SNES version had a bunch of translation issues, and the GBA version had lower quality audio.  We need one with both the perfect translation and audio.

If they only would do that with a remake I will not buy it lolz =p.

I'm with Naznatips and darthdevidem01in their petitions for a Final Fantasy VI remake.

But please,let the remake happens at least on the Wii !!!

The games is such a masterpiece to see a barely mediocre remake on the DS or even on PSP.

A remake for FF VI MUST be on the Wii,because is a FF released on a Nintendo's system (Super Nes) and I´ll become mad if they announce that for the DS.

Around the Network
OT7 said:
I'm with Naznatips and darthdevidem01in their petitions for a Final Fantasy VI remake.

But please,let the remake happens at least on the Wii !!!

The games is such a masterpiece to see a barely mediocre remake on the DS or even on PSP.

A remake for FF VI MUST be on the Wii,because is a FF released on a Nintendo's system (Super Nes) and I´ll become mad if they announce that for the DS.

Agreed. It is my favorite Final Fantasy and the one that deserves a remake the most imo. 

Nazn: So you're saying the GBA's "Well, I learn slow, but at least I never give up" is better than "Well, I learn slow, but I eat fast!". That wasn't my only complaint with people somehow thinking the translation is all better (Some parts are, that's true.)

Also, for some reason in the Opera, with the Advance Version, I seem to question why a direct translation Japanese to English would Rhyme in English.

But, on the first RPG I beat note, of course I'll be buying it. Hell, even if it was just the remake with 3d graphics and nothing new... I'd be buying it, but you always remember your first.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Whoa man, this game looks sick. I've never played FFIV before either. I'm lucky in that way.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Heh.... that was kinda odd hearing the classic music with all new visuals. Cecil looks kinda odd though.... Reminds me of the Tick for some reason.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Spoon

Never doubt The Spoon! In Spoon we trust.