By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy IV DS Preview on Gametrailers - Much More Than a Port

Fuzzmosis said:
Nazn: So you're saying the GBA's "Well, I learn slow, but at least I never give up" is better than "Well, I learn slow, but I eat fast!". That wasn't my only complaint with people somehow thinking the translation is all better (Some parts are, that's true.)

Also, for some reason in the Opera, with the Advance Version, I seem to question why a direct translation Japanese to English would Rhyme in English.

But, on the first RPG I beat note, of course I'll be buying it. Hell, even if it was just the remake with 3d graphics and nothing new... I'd be buying it, but you always remember your first.

Er... joke question?  Of course that's a more accurate translation.  It's already been said that FFVI's SNES translation was poorly done, and altered many lines and personalities that weren't the original artist's intent.  FFVI on GBA restored those to the original Japanese dialogue as much as possible.  I already had this argument with you once I believe... the fact is that no matter which one you like better, the GBA version is the correct translation.  

Around the Network

I really can't wait for this game, it looks good.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

I think i'm going to skip on this game. From the preview i just can't seem to connect with the characters and feel nothing for them. I also had the same feeling with FF3 on the DS and FF3/FF6 on the SNES, and FF12 on the PS2. I really hope a great RPG comes out that i can get into, because it looks like FF13 is not going to come out anytime soon.

Griffin said:
I think i'm going to skip on this game. From the preview i just can't seem to connect with the characters and feel nothing for them. I also had the same feeling with FF3 on the DS and FF3/FF6 on the SNES, and FF12 on the PS2. I really hope a great RPG comes out that i can get into, because it looks like FF13 is not going to come out anytime soon.

This trailer shows better character developement.

I hope this game is still easy to find about a year from now. Hell, I'm still playing TWEWY and have Rondo of Swords unopened, FFTA2, and EO 2 on the way. I played the GBA remake back in 06 so I think I can wait.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Looks very good. This was my first game to get me into jRPGs, so I'm excited.

I'm really hoping for a voice acted version of the "spoony bard" line.

Oh yeah, Rydia FTW.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

BTW, the title is way off. It isn't a port in any sense. It's a remake.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
BTW, the title is way off. It isn't a port in any sense. It's a remake.

The title is Gametrailers' own subtitle for the video in the topic.

Nazn - Correct I agree with.

Always better I do not. Definitely seems to be a shame when some quips that fit characters extremely well are removed because the original version had a much worse line in it's place?

It's not "You're growing up too fast" it's "12? I'll wait a few years!".

Seriously? They took out Ultros quip for a crappy line, and they made Edgar a pedophile joke. Couldn't they at least attempt to make it the best they could?

Also, yes, this is a repeat. Hooray!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.