By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy IV DS Preview on Gametrailers - Much More Than a Port

Call me crazy, but I'm really excited.  FFIV is my third favorite game in the franchise after VI and IX, and this remake looks great.  The cutscenes are gorgeous, the voice acting sounds very good, and the restored plot and added content should make this almost like a whole new game.  I'd love to see FFVI get the same treatment someday...

Around the Network

I wasn't going to get it but I am very interested now. I still have to play TWEWY though.

Looks better than FF3 at least. I don't see why they feel the need to use voice acting, though. Games are just generally better without it.

My favourite FF game and a must buy for me.

THis was my FIRST Final Fantasy.....back when I was 4 years old.

I really hope S-E make a FF6 remake on the Wii with FF10 like grfx....that would be a dream!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
THis was my FIRST Final Fantasy.....back when I was 4 years old.

I really hope S-E make a FF6 remake on the Wii with FF10 like grfx....that would be a dream!

NO that isn't enough, we want graphics that actually push the wii. Not the stuff the ps2 had. 

Its my favorite game in the series. So I'm certainly will by it day one. My top 3 FF games fluctuate but FFIV is always in it.

This was my first Final Fantasy back when i was eighteen years old. :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Shameless said:
Looks better than FF3 at least. I don't see why they feel the need to use voice acting, though. Games are just generally better without it.
The voice acting in the remake is good though.  Quite a few JRPGs don't have great voice acting.

@sc94597

well everytime I think like that I get disappointed by the wii (except for SMG)

But if anyone can push the wii its S-E...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey