By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 = BEST Game this Gen - Impressions Thread- *(NO Spoilers)*

what a game, its just superb, ive been on it most of the day!

Around the Network

4 hours in. This game is awesome so far. The best PS3 game I've played. It's pretty cool taking sides in that war. The controls were hard to get used to, since they changed from previous games.

Gears has been the one game that made me feel this gen has plenty to come. MGS4 is like a grade A movie. Just started act 2. I'm taking my time with it. Its says its 720p but my tv is running it at 1920 x1080/60hz. upscaled is 50hz. Interesting.
Also how many acts r there? NO SPOILERS ANYONE. This is a truly stunning game up there with Ocarina of Time if it continues the way its going.

Ynwa.

@Trestres and The bigfatJ:What would a MGS4 thread be without ya two friendly trolls.=]

So did anyone else buy a DS3 for it?  I'd say MGS4 has probably the best implementation of rumble of any game I've played.

Around the Network

After 2.40 minutes (ive taken it really slowly and im on the hardest difficulty) im loving how the first act basically comprises of all the things seen in preview videos....ive just got the barrel so from what ive heard theres plenty more in this act to go...but the best thing is the 4 acts coming up must contain stuff nobody really knows about....its gonna be interesting!

And Drebin = COOL

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

OMFG people....

I am in Act 2 & the rocks, electricity pylons, mountains grass & EVERYTHING in the South American environment is TRULY STUNNING!

already had 1 shocking twist.....well I thought it was shocking anyway....

I really like the way & the"freedom" you have between HELPING the Rebels or not, also environments are big according to me...& beautiful.!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I went and picked up my copy of MGS4 this morning as soon as i opened my eyes, and have only played it for one hour before i had to take off to work.

Being a huge HUGE fan of MGS2, I can easily say that this is the best game I've ever played.. in my life. That's coming frm a hardcore jRPG fanboy.

It's hard to talk about this game and not sound like I'm a gushing fanboy with wet panties, but, it's the best game I've ever played.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Oops.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Apparently it's so good that Domo-Kun had to post twice.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/