By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MUST SEE: Video Game Review of Super Smash Bros. Brawl PART 1! DONE BY ME!

Swearing = lame

Your comic timing is all off. It's like you're reading everything from paper. Don't do that next time or it won't be funny (again). I wasn't sure if you liked the game or hated it. You were giving 2 different vibes and it made me kinda pissed off to see the vid ;) I couldn't watch it all the way through.

Most professionals will write everything down and then record themselves in sections and edit them together so that everything is timed well. They also know how to use their voices to their advantage. For example, I have a very deep monotone voice when I speak normally. I have the ability to change my voice drastically when I'm goofing around or recording myself. Learn to loosen up and if you already know how to change your voice, use it to your advantage.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
Thatmax said:
Throughout the vid you sound more and more like arnols schwartzerneger!!! :D

and can you really not change the game mode to stock online?!?!??!?

You can do stock online only with your friends.  The "With Anyone" mode is limited to a time of 3 minutes.

I turned the video off halfway through it.  The swearing didn't add anything, the pacing felt really slow, and the review was just dragging on. 

DarkNight_DS said:
Swearing = lame

Your comic timing is all off. It's like you're reading everything from paper. Don't do that next time or it won't be funny (again). I wasn't sure if you liked the game or hated it. You were giving 2 different vibes and it made me kinda pissed off to see the vid ;) I couldn't watch it all the way through.

Most professionals will write everything down and then record themselves in sections and edit them together so that everything is timed well. They also know how to use their voices to their advantage. For example, I have a very deep monotone voice when I speak normally. I have the ability to change my voice drastically when I'm goofing around or recording myself. Learn to loosen up and if you already know how to change your voice, use it to your advantage.
In summary, the review SUCKS! Sorry but thats what darknight ds wants to say, and yeah, only James Rolfe was the professional in all those reviewers. Most of the reviewers even the popular ones like jedite and armake have just free time on their hands. So ur abit wrong there... 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

DarkNight_DS said:
Swearing = lame

BEAUTIFUL! That's exactly what I wanted to read! See, criticism is far more important than complements, because you learn from criticism, not complements. Complements are fine, but I think criticism is far more important. I will definitely take your advice. Thanks.

DarkNight_DS said:
Swearing = lame

The only problem I have is the "writing down" part. Like you said, don't read from a script, right? So does that not cancel out the "writing part down?" Also, I didn't read from a script, yet it still came out to be that way, so I have to work on the voice, but I think I have a clear understanding on how to do it, now.

Around the Network
yushire said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Swearing = lame

In summary, the review SUCKS! Sorry but thats what darknight ds wants to say, and yeah, only James Rolfe was the professional in all those reviewers. Most of the reviewers even the popular ones like jedite and armake have just free time on their hands. So ur abit wrong there... 

Well, obviously it sucks. That's not what Darknight says. That's what I say. That's what I've said at the beginning... Well, DS says that too, but everyone should "know" that it sucks. And yeah, James was the only professional one, so the ONLY reviews I look for inspiration towards, are the ones made by James. NO ONE ELSE. ONLY HIS.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Thatmax said:
Throughout the vid you sound more and more like arnols schwartzerneger!!! :D

and can you really not change the game mode to stock online?!?!??!?

You can do stock online only with your friends.  The "With Anyone" mode is limited to a time of 3 minutes.

I turned the video off halfway through it.  The swearing didn't add anything, the pacing felt really slow, and the review was just dragging on. 

Exactly! See, why can't I get more criticism like this? By the way, I hate my reviews more than all of you combined. Remember that. So don't be shy on the criticism. Even if there's one small part, that you subconscienely don't like, mention it ANYWAYS.

Also be more confident. If you're constantly thinking 'Man this reviews going to suck, I hate all my reviews so much' then you sure as hell aren't going to make a good review. From what I've read in your posts that is exactly your mindset.

You really do need confidence if you're going to be convincing.

The constant swearing made me stop the video at about a minute and a half in.

Also, did you call Link, Zelda?

Signature goes here!

But come to think of it, with abit of practice and accept criticism in due time you should be like hard as in the one who reviews in hards anime review. Just type anime review on youtube, just to let you know he is worse than you when he first started and he stutters alot. But now he have loyal following with 563 subscribers so far. Thats a feat...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg