By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Of note, 2 of the "perfect" scores are from official playstation magazine.

Enough PS3 fanboys cared when NG2 didn't score AAA, I don't know why they don't care now.

that game looks tons of fun, it still got good reviews.

I agree. Both games look fun and got good reviews. I only point out that the people who laughed at Ninja Gaiden 2 should get laughed at now, for putting so much faith in average review scores.

I think that was partially due to itagaki comment on DMC and how his game is muchhh superior to DMC4.

beside MGS4 has got 9.6 from 35 reviews

http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-17012/tt/metareviews.aspx

metacritics /gameranking are really slow to add the reviews.they have only 6 reviews while 35 reviews has been out for MGS4 

Around the Network

I change my mind on NG4. It's good, but there are some problems. It's awkward to use, and there's many games missing. Also, it seems that NG4 starts out with more reviews, but ends with less. I mean, MGS4 has 35 reviews, while Metacritic has 8, and GameRankings has 11, while Halo has has like, 43 on NG4, and 86 on Metacritic, and also more on GameRankings. All three are good, but all three have their strong points, and weak points. I'll still be going to NG4 here, and there, but Metacritic, and GameRankings, still seem to be more reliable. I don't know. But hey, I'm still going with NG4 on MGS4 because 35 reviews is obviously more reliable to follow, then 8, or 11. Heck, I'll just buy the game, play it, and find out how good it really is for myself.

psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Of note, 2 of the "perfect" scores are from official playstation magazine.

Enough PS3 fanboys cared when NG2 didn't score AAA, I don't know why they don't care now.

that game looks tons of fun, it still got good reviews.

I agree. Both games look fun and got good reviews. I only point out that the people who laughed at Ninja Gaiden 2 should get laughed at now, for putting so much faith in average review scores.

i agree that we put too much weight on what reviewers have to say, although i do think they play an important role sometimes on what games i buy, like Haze for exemple, but trust me even if mgs4 would gotten all zero, i would have bought it, its my type of game.

If it got all zeros, it wouldn't be your type of game. It would be nothing but a mess of pixels, and sound, scattered on your T.V., and words wouldn't even be readable. I mean, at zero, it's not even a game. But hey, even at 9.6 it's not really a game. It's more like a movie. But still... If it got all zeros, and you still liked it, then your type would be to like everything that could possibly be projected off a T.V.

@alex

Yea cause it's fairly new

but for instance uncharted has 65 reviews on Metaritics and 72 on gamerankings but it has 101 reviews on N4g

so you have to look aroud abit if you care that much for average score.

@a.l.e.x00

What the hell is the point of this thread? I fail to see the the concept.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
@alex

Yea cause it's fairly new

but for instance uncharted has 65 reviews on Metaritics and 72 on gamerankings but it has 101 reviews on N4g

so you have to look aroud abit if you care that much for average score.

Well, at the end, they're all good. Now, why don't they all have the same amount of reviews? I mean, why would NG4 have one, that Metacritic, and GameRankings doesn't? Just "copy" and "paste," and that's it. There should really, only be one. Now there's like 10 of them, floating around out there, like NeoSeeker, Rottentomatoes, and even Wikipedia.

iron_megalith said:
@OP:

What the hell is the point of this thread? I fail to see the the concept.

The point was that Metal Gear Solid 4 may be a disappointment, but apparently, it may be a masterpiece, if you go by the 9.6 on NG4.

a.l.e.x00 said:
Yeah, I can't believe Ninja Gaiden 2 is at around 82 right now. Apparently, there's some camera issues and such.

You missed my point entirely.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
Yeah, I can't believe Ninja Gaiden 2 is at around 82 right now. Apparently, there's some camera issues and such.

You missed my point entirely.

I got your point. But still, I can't believe it's at 82. It's Ninja Gaiden. Also, why do they call it 2? Shouldn't it be like 6? And if it is, they shouldn't number it. It's too late for that. Once you have a bunch of subtitles in the middle, you can't number it anymore. Whatever.

Here's another site,the only complain is that they put the four scores of Famitsu separated.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/714/714044/articles.html#reviews