By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

Everstar said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Who really gives a flying fuck?

Exactly. Who cares? Not me. I just felt like making the post.

Around the Network

i dont think uncharted has a 90's average, and i still think, its the best and most fun i've had on the ps3 so far.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
a.l.e.x00 said:
NG4 is awesome. GameRankings and Metacritic, are the "new" NeoSeeker (review site I used to go to, before GameRankings and Metacritic). I mean, 35 reviews, compared to 8, and 11? That's it. NG4 is the shit. And 9.6, at 35 reviews, is epic. METAL GEAR SOLID 4 WILL BE GRAND! Now, I'm just following numbers here. Of course, my own opinion, is what matters most, but lower review scores bring a higher chance of my own opinion, being that the game is a disappointment, which is the only reason I follow them.

n4g is much faster,,,the minute the review is out,it's added to the metacritic score in their website.

I would upload a picture on this post, but I don't know how, so if you want to see it, get a Facebook account. If not, then just use your imagination...

Well in a few hours GT review will come in ...so it will score less than 91% if we have to believe a.l.e.x00.

Around the Network

a.l.e.x00 said:

http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-17012/tt/metareviews.aspx

Metareviews kicks the shit out of Metacritic, and GameRankings. I mean, there's so many reviews, so early on. Why is GameRankings, idling at 8 reviews, and Metacritic, around 11? I mean, wow. Metareviews is my new best friend. Alright, the score is 9.6... With 35 reviews. Well, I guess that changes ABSOLUTELY everything. Maybe it wont be such a disappointment after all. Good. That's awesome. So why the fuck is Metacritic, and GameRankings, so far behind?

By the way, you're right. I do, only have a Wii. Check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=581188&op=8&o=all&view=all&subj=2204729358&aid=-1&oid=2204729358&id=650201416

metacritic/gamerankings generally accept reviews written in english only. As an example they don't accept famitsu.

as another example every review for this game is written in english. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/933103.asp

and this game (I could keep going on forever)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/933036.asp

psrock said:
i dont think uncharted has a 90's average, and i still think, its the best and most fun i've had on the ps3 so far.

I do not base my opinions on scores. I base my opinion on when I actually play the game. However, I still follow scores, because the higher the score, the higher the chance, my opinion will follow the scores. See? It is still important to follow scores, because otherwise, you're jumping blindfolded, and there's way too much shovel ware out there. However, it is important not to judge by the numbers, but to read the reasons for the numbers, and decide if they seem legit or not. You like Uncharted, and that's fine. Universally, it is claimed not to be a masterpiece, according to review sites, assuming that 90%+ is the mark of a masterpiece. Hey, some people like Superman 64 and ET for Atari (I know... Crazy world we live in), so really, no matter how bad, or good a game is, someone out there, loves it, or hates it.

konnichiwa said:
Well in a few hours GT review will come in ...so it will score less than 91% if we have to believe a.l.e.x00.

There are usually a few ups and downs, here or there, but when it finally rests, it usually is lower than before. It just seems that there's always a downward trend.

a.l.e.x00 said:
psrock said:

I do not base my opinions on scores. I base my opinion on when I actually play the game. However, I still follow scores, because the higher the score, the higher the chance, my opinion will follow the scores. See? It is still important to follow scores, because otherwise, you're jumping blindfolded, and there's way too much shovel ware out there. However, it is important not to judge by the numbers, but to read the reasons for the numbers, and decide if they seem legit or not. You like Uncharted, and that's fine. Universally, it is claimed not to be a masterpiece, according to review sites, assuming that 90%+ is the mark of a masterpiece. Hey, some people like Superman 64 and ET for Atari (I know... Crazy world we live in), so really, no matter how bad, or good a game is, someone out there, loves it, or hates it.

So how lower the scores how lower the chance your opinion will not follow the scores;....Lolz;.

91% is bad how?

There are more important things to worry about, like when GoW 3 is comming!

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!