By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

a.l.e.x00 said:
makingmusic476 said:
It's because Eurogamer and Edge gave it 8s. Both of which gave MGS3 8s as well.

Wait for more reviews. IGN NA, 1UP, etc. haven't reviewed it yet.

NOT just Eurogamer, and Edge, but also "games" (yeah, good name... "games"... I don't know... Go to Metacritic... But "games" also gave it a score of 80).

Okay, so three reviewers, gave it a score of 80. Okay. Now, "WHY" did they give it a score of 80? Especially, this early on, when hype, naturally drives one to give a higher score, this early, before the game has even launched.

Wait for more reviews to come in? See, that's the thing. Later reviews, are always of lower scores. I'm sure 70's, and maybe a 60, or two, will come in, later on. If three reviewers gave the game 80, when the game hasn't even launched, that definitely tells you the game is not what it's supposed to be, and it will end, far lower than what it should have been.

But hey, screw the reviews, right? They don't know anything. Okay... But are they simply "imagining" such flaws, to give scores like 80? Prove me wrong. But hey, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

Scores will not improve. They will be lower, throughout time, so 80's now, is an ignominy for a MGS game, with only EIGHT reviews! 

You assume that all reviews will only be lower from here on out.  It's not definite.

Also, why is it horrible that MGS4 is recieving similar scores to MGS3 (and better, in certain cases such as GameInformer)?  It doesn't matter what order the reviews were released in.  Edge and Eurogamer gave the same score to both games.  GamePro did as well, only a 10 in both cases rather than an 8.  GameInformer gave it a higher score than MGS3.  That sounds great to me. 

And I don't even know who GamesTM is...

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Who really gives a flying fuck?

Also, +1 to Montana.

psrock said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
sexybeast said:
91% is bad? Man my grades suck. 93 on Metacritic right now

No. 91% is amazing.

Even for a Metal Gear Solid game? Well, yes, it's still amazing.

"BUT," with "only" 8 reviews, at 91%, is portentous. I mean, right now it's at 91%, but it "will" go down. They always go down. I mean, GTA4 was at 100% for the longest time, and it only went down. Mario Kart Wii was at around 91%, and it only went down. THEY ONLY GO DOWN. So at 91%, with only 8 reviews, it may rest at 84%, with 70 reviews. I don't know. We'll see. 

Are you getting the game or plan on getting the game?

You might as well assume I've already bought it, because it's a definite purchase, once it's out. 

n4g adds the reviews much faster

right now MGS4 is 9.6 with 35 reviews

http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-17012/tt/metareviews.aspx

OT:this thread is truly retarted,,,and original poster is just a trolll,,,you don't care for MGS since you only ahve wii,so drop the act alex.

@starcraft

It's sad to not know the difference between France and ethopia,,,I guess most of MS employees are like that(not that worldly)

makingmusic476 said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
makingmusic476 said:
It's because Eurogamer and Edge gave it 8s. Both of which gave MGS3 8s as well.

Wait for more reviews. IGN NA, 1UP, etc. haven't reviewed it yet.

NOT just Eurogamer, and Edge, but also "games" (yeah, good name... "games"... I don't know... Go to Metacritic... But "games" also gave it a score of 80).

Okay, so three reviewers, gave it a score of 80. Okay. Now, "WHY" did they give it a score of 80? Especially, this early on, when hype, naturally drives one to give a higher score, before the game has even launched.

Wait for more reviews to come in? See, that's the thing. Later reviews, are always of lower scores. I'm sure 70's, and maybe a 60, or two, will come in, later on. If three reviewers gave the game 80, when the game hasn't even launched, that definitely tells you the game is not what it's supposed to be, and it will end, far lower than what it should have been.

But hey, screw the reviews, right? They don't know anything. Okay... But are they simply "imagining" such flaws, to give scores like 80? Prove me wrong. But hey, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

Scores will not improve. They will be lower, throughout time, so 80's now, is an ignominy for a MGS game, with only EIGHT reviews! 

You assume that all reviews will only be lower from here on out.  It's not definite.

Also, why is it horrible that MGS4 is recieving similar scores to MGS3 (and better, in many cases, such as GameInformer)?  It doesn't matter what order the reviews were released in.  Edge and Eurogamer gave the same score to both games.  GamePro did as well, only a 10 in both cases rather than an 8.  GameInformer gave it a higher score than MGS3.  That sounds great to me. 

And I don't even know who GamesTM is...

I assume, because usually, I am right.

It would not be horrible that MGS4 receives similar scores to MGS3. That would be awesome. But it's not. It only has a similar score to MGS3 "right now," but the reviews of MGS3 have already rested, a long time ago. Its score is going nowhere. It has already reached "sea-level." That's it, while MGS4 "may not" rest at 91%. If it stays at 91%, that's awesome. It's a masterpiece. But it may not. With only 8 reviews, I wont be surprised if it rests at 85%? 86%? Is that bad? No, but that's not my point. My point, is that MGS4, if you go by the reviews, is not the game it should have been.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x00 said:
psrock said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
sexybeast said:
91% is bad? Man my grades suck. 93 on Metacritic right now

No. 91% is amazing.

Even for a Metal Gear Solid game? Well, yes, it's still amazing.

"BUT," with "only" 8 reviews, at 91%, is portentous. I mean, right now it's at 91%, but it "will" go down. They always go down. I mean, GTA4 was at 100% for the longest time, and it only went down. Mario Kart Wii was at around 91%, and it only went down. THEY ONLY GO DOWN. So at 91%, with only 8 reviews, it may rest at 84%, with 70 reviews. I don't know. We'll see. 

Are you getting the game or plan on getting the game?

You might as well assume I've already bought it, because it's a definite purchase, once it's out. 

stop caring what other people think, buy the game and enjoy it.  Its getting silly now with these reviews. For me any game with an 80 and up should be a decent game. Stop expecting perfection, there's no such thing.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
SpartanFX said:

n4g adds the reviews much faster

right now MGS4 is 9.6 with 35 reviews

http://n4g.com/PS3/games/g-17012/tt/metareviews.aspx

OT:this thread is truly retarted,,,and original poster is just a trolll,,,you don't care for MGS since you only ahve wii,so drop the act alex.

@starcraft

It's sad to not know the difference between France and ethopia,,,I guess most of MS employees are like that(not that worldly)

Ms does not teach geography.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Man that 91% is gonna make me really hate this game when I go pick it up in 45 minutes!

Edit: Oh, and my PS3 purchase seems worse and worse everyday.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Who really gives a flying fuck?

Also, +1 to Montana.

Meh, Gamerankings should be kept away from the majority of people. It's not used for the purpose of finding out whether a game or good or not or whether it's worth purchasing or not. It's used for bullcrap like this.

No need to phear.

Its now at 91.5/92% on Gamerankings/Metacritic base on 8 "Editorial reviews" whatever that means.

But the inflated 10/10 reviews arent included yet. Once they're included they'll increase MGS4 to 94-95%, then after 30 reviews or so the lower reviews will start to come in and it will stabilize at 93% which is my long term Gamerankings prediction.