By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

It's because Eurogamer and Edge gave it 8s. Both of which gave MGS3 8s as well.

Wait for more reviews. IGN NA, 1UP, etc. haven't reviewed it yet, and they all looked much more favorably upon MGS3.

Basically, the guys that didn't like past MGSes aren't liking MGS4.  That was completely expected.

Around the Network
.:Dark Prince:. said:
I have to resist... i can't let myself reply to this POS...

Pffft i just did.

POS? You mean, "perfectly opinionated saying?" Ahhh...

a.l.e.x00 said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
I have to resist... i can't let myself reply to this POS...

Pffft i just did.

POS? You mean, "perfectly opinionated saying?" Ahhh...

It's obvious that he meant Pineapple Onion Salad

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

makingmusic476 said:
It's because Eurogamer and Edge gave it 8s. Both of which gave MGS3 8s as well.

Wait for more reviews. IGN NA, 1UP, etc. haven't reviewed it yet.

NOT just Eurogamer, and Edge, but also "games" (yeah, good name... "games"... I don't know... Go to Metacritic... But "games" also gave it a score of 80).

Okay, so three reviewers, gave it a score of 80. Okay. Now, "WHY" did they give it a score of 80? Especially, this early on, when hype, naturally drives one to give a higher score, this early, before the game has even launched.

Wait for more reviews to come in? See, that's the thing. Later reviews, are always of lower scores. I'm sure 70's, and maybe a 60, or two, will come in, later on. If three reviewers gave the game 80, when the game hasn't even launched, that definitely tells you the game is not what it's supposed to be, and it will end, far lower than what it should have been.

But hey, screw the reviews, right? They don't know anything. Okay... But are they simply "imagining" such flaws, to give scores like 80? Prove me wrong. But hey, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see.

Scores will not improve. They will be lower, throughout time, so 80's now, is an ignominy for a MGS game, with only EIGHT reviews! 

I checked the reviews again, but for some reason GameInformer's 10 hasn't been added yet. They gave MGS3 a 9.5.

Around the Network

@alex

You could call it that, i'd just call it piece of shit but whatever.

You care way too much about review scores.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - Spinal Tap

a.l.e.x00 said:
sexybeast said:
91% is bad? Man my grades suck. 93 on Metacritic right now

No. 91% is amazing.

Even for a Metal Gear Solid game? Well, yes, it's still amazing.

"BUT," with "only" 8 reviews, at 91%, is portentous. I mean, right now it's at 91%, but it "will" go down. They always go down. I mean, GTA4 was at 100% for the longest time, and it only went down. Mario Kart Wii was at around 91%, and it only went down. THEY ONLY GO DOWN. So at 91%, with only 8 reviews, it may rest at 84%, with 70 reviews. I don't know. We'll see. 

Are you getting the game or plan on getting the game?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Apparently,you greatly value opinions other than yours.Bravo puppet...*claps hands*

Now dance--dance!! hahaha

They ones that hold back, are the ones that give lower scores, because they've played the game longer. It seems that the ones with lower scores, are also, usually the more honest, or sometimes, even "truer," than the ones with higher scores. MGS4 may not be "the" game for the PS3. Will it be awesome? Undeniably. It's going to kick ass, but it may also be a disappointment. I've followed the trend of reviews, and they always go from up, to down, so if MGS4 has 91% already, it's an obvious sign of disappointment... Right? 91% is good, but it may go far down, when it rests at around 70, or 80 reviews.