By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many would love to see 2D platforming make its return on Wii?

ChronotriggerJM said:
I actually disagree, I think the Wii is so much better supported with games that can truly utilize motion controls, something more locked into the 3d realm in my opinion, unless they wanted to support the classic controller or the gamecube controller. I actually think the 2D games would be much better on something like PSN or Xbox Live where you could do a full 1080 display with tons and tons of particle effects and such :P Not that the Wii couldn't play these games easily, I just think a traditional controller works infinitely better for side scrollers.

You have a pretty good point, but I think that Lost Winds did a good job of showing the cool stuff that can be done with a pointer when you're trapped in a 2D plane.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Oh, me! I would Loooooooooooooove it. I honestly really can't wait for Wario.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I am a fan of 2d so i am hoping for a strong return.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I would love to see a 2D castlevania on the wii.

why not? they could makes thr graphics sharp and fluid but i can't imagine how 2d could be better on the wii than other consoles gameplaywise

Around the Network

Super Paper Mario is a 2-D platformer except that you can change the view. I liked that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Super Paper Mario is a 2-D platformer except that you can change the view. I liked that.

its good to get more of them,i hope ninty will make more,for both wii and DS i mean look at teh sales of NSMB that proves cause there still is alot of people that want 2D platformers

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I would be thrilled if they would just make another NSMB for DS. That game was one of the best marios in a long time.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com