By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many would love to see 2D platforming make its return on Wii?

With some up and coming titles in the works like the new Wario game, and games like Lost Winds, I would love to see a return to some high quality 2D platforming games and I believe the Wii is the perfect location for these games.  You could make some beautiful games in the 2D style on the Wii.  I would love to see a NEW 2D Metroid, Mario, and even some new IP's in this genre.  What are some ideas that you have to help revive this wonderful genre, and do you feel the Wii is the perfect place for this or not?  

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Count me in!

I'd love to have a console 2D Castlevania, Mega Man and Mario. Oh and Donkey Kong Country. 2.5 D is fine as well.

I agree with the Donkey Kong. I was listening to infendo's podcast this morning and they were talking about reviving the series in the 2D genre on WiiWare or Wii and getting back to its roots and I could not agree more. 3D just does not work for some games and 2D would work super in some instances, DK being one of them.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

There's already a 2D Mario--sort of. Half of Super Paper Mario is played on a 2D plane.

But ya, MegaMan and Metroid sil vous plait.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

id love to see them,its good that we will be getting wario land but i want more

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I would like it 10/10
Nintendo should have another All stars of SMB 1,2,3, and world, but make the graphics even better, and then include an editor where you can make your own overworld map with all new levels that are a mishmash from those new games, plus new pieces. Nintendo could include their own new game, and you could make as many of your own as you wanted (if you have room) Also you could upload 1 of your games at a time for others to download, and you could download as many worlds others created as you have space for. This game would be an awesome, though kinda obvious LBP rip-off.

It would be cool if they use the classic controller. Wii mote for 2D...not so good.

Metroid Dread, please.

FUCK YEAH 420P MEGAMAN SPRITES!

I'd buy that for a nugget.

i'd like to see it happen for castlevania and metroid.. however, mario should remain in 3d for consoles, or possibly have both within one game.. because it works so perfectly in both dimensions, while the two i named above are much better in 2d

on a sidenote: while playing the 2d 'regions' of SMG, i was wishing for a complete 2d game using the gravity engine on the side.. don't think it'll happen though for the next one