Sicilian. said:
Munkeh111 said:
Kasz216 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Soriku said:
@tres

I don't get it.

Zinidine Zidane, very famous football player

Yeah but that guy totally had it coming.

We still don't really know what he said though

i think it was something about his mother

Or his sister, but I heard something about a newspaper having to revoke that he said anything racist, so what was reported may not be true

I just meant because he was Italian.

Haha just kidding... but seriously... if your first reaction is to headbut somebdoy in the chest he must of just said SOMETHING to piss you off. 

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Soriku said:
Kasz broke the thread!

I fixed it. Also FFIX is the best FF game (to me anyway). FFVI is close though.

How'd I break it?

Weird. All I said was that FF3 was good for what it was... an RPG back when people didn't play RPGs for stories but played them for the actual gameplay.

FF13's gameplay was really solid compared to other RPGs of it's time and even compares to FF's of today honestly. It brought in a bunch of things that were first used that were later used in later games.

Including the "move on" system of attacks instead of having your character descrate a dead body for "Ineffective" damage after the Wizard before him nuked the thing with a fire spell. The Job class system worked well enough for it.

FF2... now that was boring... and confusing the level up system was a good idea, but poorly implemented and as such it sadly didn't take. I hadn't even seen it tried again until like the Elder Scroll games. (to my knowledge, i'm probably forgetting games that did so.)

Edit: RE chracter development for FF3. It should be noted that the character development in 3 that was their was all implemented after the fact. FF3 originally starts you off as 4 orphans who find crystals that give you powers and then that's about it... if i remember correctly.

All the DS stuff was added for more character development.  It was very much in line with games like FF and DQ before then.  Your the good guy.  Stop evil, the story is in the close calls and fun you have getting from point A to B. 

Kasz216 said:
naznatips said:
Soriku said:
Kasz broke the thread!

How'd I break it?

Weird.  All I said was that FF3 was good for what it was... an RPG back when people didn't play RPGs for stories but played them for the actual gameplay.

FF13's gameplay was really solid compared to other RPGs of it's time and even compares to FF's of today honestly.  It brought in a bunch of things that were first used that were later used in later games.

Including the "move on" system of attacks instead of having your character descrate a dead body for "Ineffective" damage after the Wizard before him nuked the thing with a fire spell.   The Job class system worked well enough for it.

FF2... now that was boring... and confusing the level up system was a good idea, but poorly implemented and as such it sadly didn't take.  I hadn't even seen it tried again until like the Elder Scroll games. (to my knowledge, i'm probably forgetting games that did so.) 

Final Fantasy V was the first one to get it right in terms of job classes.

Edit - NVM, realized afterwards you were talking about FF II's level system, no FFIII's job system. ;)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Kasz216 said:
naznatips said:
Soriku said:
Kasz broke the thread!

How'd I break it?

Weird. All I said was that FF3 was good for what it was... an RPG back when people didn't play RPGs for stories but played them for the actual gameplay.

FF13's gameplay was really solid compared to other RPGs of it's time and even compares to FF's of today honestly. It brought in a bunch of things that were first used that were later used in later games.

Including the "move on" system of attacks instead of having your character descrate a dead body for "Ineffective" damage after the Wizard before him nuked the thing with a fire spell. The Job class system worked well enough for it.

FF2... now that was boring... and confusing the level up system was a good idea, but poorly implemented and as such it sadly didn't take. I hadn't even seen it tried again until like the Elder Scroll games. (to my knowledge, i'm probably forgetting games that did so.)

Final Fantasy V was the first one to get it right in terms of job classes.

5 did it better... but 3 did an ok job at it in my opinion.  Sure the flexability 5 and later tactics gave you allowing you the second command window really took it to another level, but i'd say 3's system was better then the strictness of 1 and the poorly implemented 2.

Really had 2 been done right it would of been the best system... sad really.