By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix's Party 2008 announced

Euphoria14 said:
ecurbj said:
I actually enjoyed FFX...maybe because that game is what got me into Final Fantasy :P

By far FF X had the most upsetting ending to any FF game I have ever played. It made me sad after all that work. :(

We should have the FF thread. Anyway, I just played that game again, still nearly cried

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Euphoria14 said:
ecurbj said:
I actually enjoyed FFX...maybe because that game is what got me into Final Fantasy :P

By far FF X had the most upsetting ending to any FF game I have ever played. It made me sad after all that work. :(

We should have the FF thread. Anyway, I just played that game again, still nearly cried

Agreed, we should. Then we get this thread back on topic. I can talk about each game from the series forever.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BTW

Nothing from M$ here.....no SO4 or LR

all the main S-E stuff still on PSNintendo....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Euphoria14 said:
ecurbj said:

I remember it was a couple of years ago. That ending was dispressing seeing Tidus leave and seeing that Yuna really cared for him was depressing :(

That story was awesome, that story alone made me want to play more Final Fantasy games.

It was alot of work but it was awesome fighting Jecht at the end :)

Euphoria14 said:
Griffin said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

yeah cus FF9 sucked big time.....boring boring boring!!

WTH? FF IX is the best FF made. Did you even bother beating the game?

Best FF ever made?? I guess you never played FFX. And talking about boring FF games, i would say FF3 on the SNES which i think tranlates to FF6 and FF3 on the DS are perfect examples of boring FF games.

FFX is great, but that game comes nowhere close to FF VI in terms of character development, storyline, villain, etc...

Maybe the dated graphics turn you away?

Just about any true fan of the series will agree that FF VI is the best in the series. Although I do understand FF VII brought in a whole new group of gamers who don't know much about those that came before it.

Don't even get FF VI fans started on musical score. :)

This is why FF VI really needs a remake.

FFIX was my first FF game, by the time i got around to playing the SNES one i had already played all the PS2 FF games and the SNES one felt too slow and was very boring.  There also seemed to be a lack of a clear story and the game left you to walk around until you found what you needed to do.  The same happened on the DS FF game i played.  Maybe if i played the games back in the day they would of wowed me, but they never stood up to the modern FF games in any way and i never grew to like them.

The graphics never played a part in the way i felt about the game.  

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
Griffin said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

Best FF ever made?? I guess you never played FFX. And talking about boring FF games, i would say FF3 on the SNES which i think tranlates to FF6 and FF3 on the DS are perfect examples o

Another thread!!!!! For which FF is the best discussions

darthdevidem01 said:
@memory2zack

the i-phone is a failure & it deserves to be..

No it´s not. Look at its sales. Iphone 2 shapes up to be sweet for a mobile phone.

@Soriku: I still don´t understand why SE confuses you.

edit: mine are FFVII and FFX. FFIX is among the worst, but still a good RPG.  

Soriku said:
Kasz broke the thread!

I fixed it.  Also FFIX is the best FF game (to me anyway).  FFVI is close though.

Griffin said:
Euphoria14 said:
Griffin said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

Best FF ever made?? I guess you never played FFX. And talking about boring FF games, i would say FF3 on the SNES which i think tranlates to FF6 and FF3 on the DS are perfect examples of boring FF games.

FFX is great, but that game comes nowhere close to FF VI in terms of character development, storyline, villain, etc...

Maybe the dated graphics turn you away?

Just about any true fan of the series will agree that FF VI is the best in the series. Although I do understand FF VII brought in a whole new group of gamers who don't know much about those that came before it.

Don't even get FF VI fans started on musical score. :)

This is why FF VI really needs a remake.

FFIX was my first FF game, by the time i got around to playing the SNES one i had already played all the PS2 FF games and the SNES one felt too slow and was very boring.  There also seemed to be a lack of a clear story and the game left you to walk around until you found what you needed to do.  The same happened on the DS FF game i played.  Maybe if i played the games back in the day they would of wowed me, but they never stood up to the modern FF games in any way and i never grew to like them.

The graphics never played a part in the way i felt about the game.  

III (DS) was never a big story heavy game, it was originally an NES title, just as I and II were. The character development is also very weak, I understand people feeling this game was boring. Maybe the reason it never hit the states until the DS remake.

I agree VI starts out slow and feels very linear, not saying it takes half the game to get going although once you reach the WoR the game opens up emmensly and the games storyline and character development goes beyond any other RPG I have ever played personally. The musical score is also one of the games stongest areas as well, with some of the most memorable and ispiring music in not only the series, but gaming in general. It also contains some of the most memorable scenes in a video game. It was a marvel of a game considering it was made 14 years ago.

I think this game really needs a fresh remake, I personally have been waiting for that for years now.

Hopefully they can do this so everyone can appreciate what it has to offer. If one has not played it yet, I agree it would be hard to get into it nowadays. So much text, so much story. Although the story doesn't really get off to a quick start.

Also you are right, when this game was released the WoW factor was quite big. The game itself is HUGE.

It is also suprising when you compare VI to VII as FF VII borrowed just about everything from FF VI story wise.

Nice to see you started with IX. Great game to start with if you want to get into the series. Best love story IMO (although X actually brought tears). Strong ending as well. Brought closure better than any other in the series IMO.

/rant over. LOL

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!