By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wiiware games are 100X better than big 3rd party games. WHY?

There are too many shovelwares and ports on the Wii the Z games was one of them regarding western developers/publishers. Then Lost Winds, Animales dela Muate, Gyrostarr and Eternity's Child, I dont get how a small developers without a publisher and with limited space for their games can create such beautiful games and big third party games wasnt? WHY?

Does it mean small developers was better in terms of developing on the Wii than big third parties?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

There are already lists where you can see the huge amount of good 3rd party games coming to the Wii.

Ubisoft is the only company that doesn't give a fuck.

Fail.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Nope, it means small itty bitty devs don't have publishers limiting their creative ideas, allowing everything they want fulfilled to flourish and come to fruition.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Ill take MGS4 and NG2, Ill leave WiiSki for everyone else...

trestres said:
There are already lists where you can see the huge amount of good 3rd party games coming to the Wii.

Ubisoft is the only company that doesn't give a fuck.

Fail.
Tell me one western developer that is serious about the Wii except for EA and THQ? Go on think... Im not talking about japanese developer here since they cant refuse not to develop on the Wii, the japanese gaming industry was depending on it unless they want to develop for the handhelds.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Did you ever say WESTERN in the OP?? No, then how do you expect people to read your mind... I take it as granted, western devs aren't announcing many titles. THQ, Eidos, Activision all announced something good for the Wii.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

jankazimierz said:

Who asked you? The OP clearly isn't about the HD consoles, it's about WiiWare vs Wii retail games.

Stop trolling, grow up.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

jankazimierz said:

Thank you for your wonderful and useful contribution to the thread. The door is a little ways to your left.

I actually want to get into the WiiWare scene. My first thought turned to Final Fantasy, but I'm not sure what it's like (I'm guessing like the GC iteration, but I've never played that). I want opinions! 

@trestes^^^

Because the space title was limited, I can only make short title for the title of the thread. As for Eidos and Activision OH REALLY? ;) I'll goto gametrailers to check what in store for the Wii and HD consoles then...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

@MontanaHatchet: Toki Tori is the best thing on WiiWare right now, followed by Lost Winds. I highly suggest you give Toki Tori your first Wiiware purchase money!

It's a combination of Lolo and Portal mixed into a bag of awesome.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.