By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who actually uses their PSP for things besides gaming?

darthdevidem01 said:
I use it for everything but gaming

hopefully FF7 CC will change that.....if it disappoints bye PSP.....Hi DS......then when Metal Gear 3 comes out.....bye DS.....hi PSP

For people who say they don't use it for gaming... WHY?

For movies? Well, there's no hard-drive, memory sticks are expensive and the player itself is way too big, Archos players are much better and cheaper by comparison. And let's not forget Ipod Touch

for music?? You are better off getting a cellphone, and let's not even go into other MP3 players on the market.

For webbrowser? Let's not kid ourself.

I dont' buy the whole "I never use my PSP for game excuse for a second" 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@hawkeye

thanks a ton :)

I think i'm gonna watch video reviews of them on gametrailers n then decide..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@kingofwale

I have a black n white mobile phone....no i-pod or mp3 player n I love listening to music.

hence PSP = Mp3 player right now

Cremator said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Hawkeye

problem is I can't afford many PSP games due to the PS3 game price.....but DS games are really cheap

There is something called Homebrew(PSP) and R4(DS). Look it up.

I can't believe you are promoting piracy. Wow

*The PSP reviewer chimes in* Actually I game a lot on my PSP, I use my DS as my media player as the homebrew applications are very expansive and with lots of customization, though I do use my PSP as a music player cause I got a discount on these awesome speakers a while back that are made for the PSP so we play my music at the end of the night when closing up at work.

*now goes back under his rock to play more Final Fantasy Tactics on his PSP*

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

About piracy.....my FW is too high.,,,,,so I need a pandora battery, what the hell are they!

Nope...I use to use it as a video player to watch Naruto episodes, but i watch those online now. And then I use to listen to music on it, but quickly got tired of it, so I bought a iPod Nano.

So I only play games on it. I'm playing Silent Hill: Origins and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII now. Those are some awesome and exciting games that any new PSP owner should check out :)

Disgaea has been sucking up so much of my time recently XD But I use my PSP all the time for MP3's, video playback, and reading comic books :D I use it online sometimes too to check out random stories and what not. The thing's been invaluable to me and man if it ever breaks I'm probably going to pick up another that day XD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

darthdevidem01 said:
About piracy.....my FW is too high.,,,,,so I need a pandora battery, what the hell are they!

I would just buy the games. Homebrew is only good for emus... Genisis is worthless cuz of Sega Genisis collection, PSx I am sure you have one, SNES may be, buy you can buy it on Wii for like $5 each...

I sometimes use mine for web browsing but that's it.