By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sale UP!!! Terrible PS3 sales!!

JSF said:
super_etecoon said:
JSF said:
I can tell you PS3's are sold out in Southern Cal (LA/Orange County) and Northern Cal (SF Bay Area).

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?sec_id=2&&article_ID=12899

Bay area is not Northern California....have you looked at a California Map lately?

San Francisco Bay Area is considered NorCal. I lived there half my life. What have you been smoking? Don't correct people when you don't know what you're talking about.

Hey...I know where you're coming from...but having lived in Northern California myself, we always laugh when you guys attempt to take that title. Check the following map for yourself to see the BayArea/Northern California delusion:

Notice that the H...is truly Northern California.

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Q_A_X said:
On the PS3's weakest week for ages it still manages to outsell the 360. Hahaha. AHAHAHA.

Next week we shall see Snake at his best, both ingame and in sales figures.

That got partly cut off the line is this weeks PS3 sales...

What's your point? He clearly said that it was the weakest week "for ages." He's obviously referring to 2008 and the holiday season, respectively.

darthdevidem01 said:
WOW Ps3 still outsells 360 WW

360 will never outsell ps3 again worldwide i think.

obviously people are putting off a purchase and waiting till metal gear, next weeks numbers will be interesting, all i want is a bigger % spike than halo 3 release for 360, console numbers wise.

the only way for 360 to delve ahead is to cut price again, i cannot belive a console in most parts that is half the price of ps3, doesnt beat it week in week out. what this tells me is, that even with a near double price point more people worldwide want a ps3 over a 360.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

MontanaHatchet said:
Blacksaber said:
Q_A_X said:
On the PS3's weakest week for ages it still manages to outsell the 360. Hahaha. AHAHAHA.

Next week we shall see Snake at his best, both ingame and in sales figures.

That got partly cut off the line is this weeks PS3 sales...

What's your point? He clearly said that it was the weakest week "for ages." He's obviously referring to 2008 and the holiday season, respectively.

Miss that part 103 degree weather is not helping either with my thinking...:P

Former something....

JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
Still says in stock on their website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10039674

"Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position."

I read that somewhere.

I don't see how, with the Walmart sale, PS3 sales data did not really change from last week. This site ought to investigate to make sure its data is accurate. That's all I'm saying.

LOL, you're the one that posted that article about California Walmart sales.

Around the Network

People who expect too much from the PS3 on the release of MGS4 are setting themself up for disapointment (and mocking) ...

There are people who see value in the 80GB bundle and are probably holding off on buying a PS3 until it is released but I suspect that the boost from this will be far smaller than many are predicting.

All platforms sell more in others than in NA, that's pretty shocking.

Next week numbers in NA will be very interesting. Will we see 80K Ps3 sales, or 300K Ps3 sales?

Will we see 150K Wii sales? Or 400K Wii sales?

Those are the max and minimums, what do you guys think?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

FishyJoe said:
JSF said:
FishyJoe said:
Still says in stock on their website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10039674

"Cherry picking is used metaphorically to indicate the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position."

I read that somewhere.

I don't see how, with the Walmart sale, PS3 sales data did not really change from last week. This site ought to investigate to make sure its data is accurate. That's all I'm saying.

LOL, you're the one that posted that article about California Walmart sales.

Let's make this clear.  I made the claim that the PS3 was selling out at SF Bay Area and LA/OC Walmart locations.  I know it is sold out in SF Bay Area because my friends have been going all over the place looking for some.  The article supports my LA/OC claim because, in the article, they make random sample calls to various SoCal Walmarts.  That's called statistical sampling.  NOW, to call that cherrypicking is to say this site's methodology is cherrypicking.

WHEREAS, in an attempt to refute my claims that the PS3 was selling out at various California hotspots, you reply to me saying it is still available online.  What the eff does that have anything to do with what's going on in these California locales?  You cherrypicked something out of left field to try to discredit my claim.

Do we understand each other? 

The Americans are being smart. 80g PS3 just around the corner!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Yeah, i just remebered, THIS was a NG2 release week. =))
And THIS week was LAST chance for x360 to outsell PS3 this year,
well unless x360 will have a pricecut this summer, because after summer with LBP, R2, M:PR, D3, VC, WKS and other great games releases it won`t matter. =]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far