By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sale UP!!! Terrible PS3 sales!!

People who want one are all waiting for MGS4 to buy one.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@JSF

maybe thats why sales didn't dip even lower

I'm not saying this requires any speculation.  There's a simple solution: ask whoever's putting up the numbers.

Munkeh111 said:
konnichiwa said:
Crazyman told me PS3 is sold out but I don't believe him.

Maybe crazyman lives in Miami, cause we all know that there is great wii stock there, but no PS3s cause they just fly off the shelf in that part of America

An obscure leo-j reference?

@DMeisterJ

so be it.....next week we will know

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Honestly now, if the walmrt sales are not tracked where there was a significant increase due to the promotion then the numbers are inaccurate this week...

If I lived in the states and wanted a PS3 last week you can be damned sure I would go to walmart... so it would drop the sales in other retailers as well...

Is there anyone that can clarify this?

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Hrm... But MK Wii and an abnormally large Wii shipment hit that week also right?

Edit: 7,000th Post, w00t!

I have a feeling it's going to happen again next week, since Wii sales have been lower than normal, and haven't had the large jumps in a while. I expect 200+k next week.

Next week will be a post-NG2 lull for Xbox plus MGS4 release on PS3, so the results will probably be exaggerated the other way.

taxman said:
Honestly now, if the walmrt sales are not tracked where there was a significant increase due to the promotion then the numbers are inaccurate this week...

If I lived in the states and wanted a PS3 last week you can be damned sure I would go to walmart... so it would drop the sales in other retailers as well...

Is there anyone that can clarify this?
I thought vgchartz tracked wal-mart? 

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

On the PS3's weakest week for ages it still manages to outsell the 360. Hahaha. AHAHAHA.

Next week we shall see Snake at his best, both ingame and in sales figures.

MGS4!

@Q_A_X

{joins in with a hyena laugh}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey